Chapter Eighteen

Sandra's Discovery

"OKAY what's up with you?", Madisyn asked Ian after a while. She was still confused by his statement.

He on the other hand was thinking of asking Madisyn if he had kissed her when he blurted out his statement. He wanted to say something when he noticed Ana approach with their food.

"So how are you guys with the case? Any suspects yet?", Ana asked.

"Ana we can't tell you how far we are.", Madisyn started.

"Oh okay. I understand.", she said.

"But I can tell you it's going well and soon we'll find this person and put them behind bars.", Madisyn said.

"That's good. That's great. Sarah was a very nice person, always helping Robin and me. She and Miles were my true friends here. Miles is also Sarah's friend. And Robin was also Sarah's friend. He seemed sad when he heard it.", she rambled. "Oh I'm talking so much I'll leave you to your food.", she said and left.

"She likes the sheriff.", Ian said eating and Madisyn looked at him surprised that he was back to his normal self.

But she didn't question it and just continued.

"Yep she does.", she said and they ate in a manageable silence.

》》》》》

Lisa was in her car waiting for Pablo in front of his office.

After she discovered Irene might be Sarah's aunt, she couldn't wait to tell Pablo. He was the only one who knew about the diary. Miles and Raven weren't aware.

Plus, Miles had still not talked to her since the news of his relationship with Irene was published. So she called Pablo and told him. They agreed to meet once they were done with work.

She saw him coming out and she immediately had this feeling at the bottom of her stomach.

Why was she feeling that?

She honked lightly and he turned towards her car. He came and entered her car with a smile.

"Uh how was your day?", he asked a bit awkwardly.

"It was fine.", she said hoping her tone showed no awkwardness like his.

"So what did you find out?", he asked as she started the car and drove out of the building's parking lot.

"I was... distracted at work and I decided to take a look at the diary. Turns out Sarah is from here.", she said and Pablo gave her a look of bewilderment.

"Exactly my expression. She said her father was from an orphanage and her mum had fled her hometown and left her aunt and her grandparents."

"Sarah's aunt and grandparents.", Pablo said.

"Yeah. So the reason she came here was that her aunt was her only family member after her parents died I think."

"So did she say who her aunt was?", Pablo asked.

"No, but she said she hated her aunt.", she said.

"Why?"

"She came here to stay with her aunt but turns out her aunt hated her mother and so also hated Sarah. So Sarah said... or rather wrote that she also hated her aunt and that she was the person she hated so much.", Lisa finished.

"The person she hated so much.", he said to himself.

"And then I thought about what Mr Darren said about Sarah hating Irene.", she said and Pablo gave her a look of realisation this time.