Chapter Twenty-Eight

The Night of May the 13th

SARAH bade goodbye to Josh and watched as he left in his Honda Civic. She smiled. She loved him. Even though it had been too soon for them to start dating. But he had charmed his way into her life and her heart.

He was one of the things she felt was gonna be stable in her life along with her friends. She smiled at the memory of her four friends. Since she came here they had been exceptionally nice and wonderful to be around.

Her phone rang and she saw it was Lisa calling. She immediately answered.

"Hey Lis.", she said.

"You know that name is for only Hugh to call.", Lisa replied.

"Yeah yeah, whatever."

"Remember we are going shopping today. And you're gonna tell me what it is that had been bothering you.", Lisa said and Sarah's smile fell.

She felt like a bad friend. She had been keeping a lot from Lisa these days. First what she found out about Carter and Gwendolyn, then there was Sidney's baby, though that was not her secret to tell. And then, Raven.

"Yeah sure. We'll leave in an hour.",

"Okay bye.", Lisa said and hung up. She had to tell Lisa. Everything.

After some time, she was getting ready when her phone rang and it was Sidney this time.

"Hey Sidney.", she said.

"I'm just calling to tell you that I've made my decision and I'm going to go to the hospital.", Sidney said and Sarah stopped smiling.

Sidney going to the hospital meant one thing. She was going to abort the baby and she shouldn't do that. That baby has the right to live, sure Sidney was the mother but she shouldn't make such a huge decision without thinking it through and being sure it was what she wanted to do.

"Sidney just calm down. You don't have to be so rash."

"I'm not being..."

"Look why not you come by my place today and we'll talk. Let's just talk and whatever you're decision is, I'll stand by it. Okay?", she said. There was a long pause.

"Fine and no cookies. They can be really tempting.", Sidney said and then hung up and Sarah's smile was back.

"I smile a lot.", she said to herself. But that was when she realised she had to cancel out on Lisa. She looked at the clock. Forty minutes had passed. She'll have to call Lisa and reschedule. They could do it tomorrow. Plus it was getting dark anyway.

So she rang Lisa.

"Hey, Lisa. Sorry, I can't go again today.", she said.

"Aww. Why?", Lisa whined and Sarah imagined her pouting. She hated having to lie to Lisa.

"It's just I'm really tired. And if we go now we'll come back late and I won't have time to rest.",

"Okay. But we still gotta talk.", Lisa said and before Sarah could reply, someone rang the bell.

Was it Sidney? Was she that close by when she called?

"Um Lisa someone just rang the bell so I gotta go and yes we'll still talk.", she said and then hung up. She walked over and opened the door to a very stressed Hugh.

"Oh hi Hugh.", she said and he walked past.

"Hi.", he said and headed straight to the kitchen. She followed him and saw him get out an alcohol bottle.