Chapter Seveteen

The Aunt

SIDNEY was in the grocery store searching through the columns of foodstuffs when she saw Irene. She had never really liked her since they were in high school and she despised her more as she was Eugene's wife.

The news of Irene's relationship with Eugene's nephew had spread. Though no one had heard or spoke of any reaction from the young man, Irene however was being the same way as if any other relationship had been published- nonchalant.

Sidney walked towards her and cleared her throat so Irene would notice her. Irene looked her way but said no words and just turned back to check the canned drink in her hands.

"I thought you had a limit. You know, particular people you wouldn't sleep with.", Sidney started and Irene just kept checking other things as if Sidney wasn't talking to her.

"Oh are you talking to me?", Irene asked nonchalantly almost walking away. Sidney wanted to flare up. This woman's attitude always irritated her, but she had to calm down. She couldn't let Irene get to her.

"Who else wouldn't mind having a sexual relationship with a family member.", Sidney said and Irene narrowed her eyes.

"What do you want?", Irene asked like Sidney was some pest.

"Just to tell you that your bitchy attitude towards your husband has gone on too long", Sidney said and Irene gave a cunning smile.

"Really? So do you want me to go back and mend things with my husband? 'Cause I could. It's just that he would no longer have time for mistresses like you.", Irene said with mock sympathy while Sidney's face held shock.

Did she know of her relationship with Eugene?

"Yes, I know you're seeing my husband.", Irene started answering Sidney's question.

"And do you know why I'm not bothered, it's because it's in secret. He meets you in secret. That's simply because he still loves me and despite my affairs, he doesn't want to openly reveal his. He wants to look like a good patient husband. He's waiting for me to see that he won't leave and I'll come back to him.", Irene said sounding sweet but then her tone changed.

"It would be a good story you know. Husband found cheating just after wife's latest most shocking affair. You know the people in Liddenville, there's no way they're not gonna talk bad about you. I would keep it in mind, the thought of talking about it with Sandra or Gwendolyn. They'll both be excited.", Irene said and was about to leave when she turned back.

"It would be best for you not to cross paths with me so I can forget about that thought. Don't you think so?", she said and left.

Sidney slyly looked around to make sure no one heard it, and then she left. But unknown to her, Madisyn was on the next aisle and had heard every bit of their conversation.

Madisyn was about to leave to go and tell Ian what she had heard. It could prove helpful in investigating Sidney. But how could Sidney's relationship with Mr Peters be related to Sarah's murder. Plus, did Mr Peters know that the person he was having an affair with was possibly a murderer?

"I didn't think you to be the eavesdropping type.", she heard and she jerked at the sound. She turned back to see Josh.

"Oh it's you.", she said with a hand over her chest. "And don't sneak up on me like that.", she said.