Chapter Twenty-Four

The Letter

BOTH Lisa and Raven gasped as Pablo fell to the ground. The phone dropped from Hugh's hand and Miles picked it up to see a picture of Pablo and Lisa kissing in her car.

Lisa didn't care to see what had made him mad but she had a good guess. Instead, she decided to separate Hugh from Pablo before further damage could be done.

"Hugh! Hugh!! Stop it!!!", she yelled and he immediately looked at her, hands paused in an incoming punch.

He roughly pushed himself off Pablo and stormed towards Lisa causing her to take a few steps back.

He paused and ruffled his hands in his hair. He turned and snatched his phone from Miles and shoved it into Lisa's hands making her look at the picture.

A picture of a moment she would also remember. One that Hugh wasn't meant to know about, at least not like this.

"Tell me it isn't true? Tell me!!", he yelled and she flinched. Tiny tears formed in her eyes as she looked at him and Hugh got the message in her eyes loud and clear.

"Oh God.", he said and turned back ruffling his hair with much force.

"How long was I gone Lisa, how long and then you go and do this!!. With my best friend. How could you, how could..."

"Don't you put all the blame on me.", she said with a small voice, the tears threatening to fall any moment.

And he gave her a look of incredulity.

"All the blame?", he said and came towards her

"You were the one who left. You just up and left. You left me confused. Everyone was thinking if you were...."

"No. Don't you say that!! I didn't kill Sarah and you should have trusted me. And what does my leaving have to do with you kissing Pablo? You're my girlfriend my....",

"Was I? Cause if I was as important to you as I thought, I'm sure you would have at least told me you were at my best friend's house on the evening of her murder."

"Oh please, Lisa. I didn't do it and you should have trusted me. Trust Lisa!! You should have trusted me. I left, that's all. I was gonna come back and I didn't expect you to see the first sign of me leaving and use it as an opportunity to jump the next guy who just happened to be my....",

He didn't finish his statement cause she slapped him. And the tear dropped.

"I did not have sex with Pablo and if you really knew me, you would know not to say that. And you talk about me trusting you but did you trust me!!", she yelled.

"No! You didn't!!!", she said. The house was quiet as Hugh went to his bar and poured himself a drink. He took a huge gulp and finished it.

The next thing he threw the glass to the floor and Raven flinched. Lisa whimpered and left the house. She got into the car and drove away.

It was until she reached her house that she stopped the car and started crying. She cried and cried and when she finally stopped she stayed in the car for a long while.

She got down but paused as she was about to open her door when she realised it wasn't hers but Sarah's.

Since she knew Sarah, anytime she argued with Hugh she would immediately go to Sarah's. It was out of habit that she arrived at her door.

Surprisingly, it was unlocked so she opened it silently and entered. Then she did what no one would have thought she would do at a time like this. No one but Sarah.