Chapter Fifteen

The House

IAN sat up in his bed with a throbbing headache. He held his hands to his head and winced at the hotness. He looked around and on his bedside table was a packet of aspirin tablets and a covered glass of water.

Madisyn must have kept those there, he thought.

At the thought of her, he tried to remember what had happened. He remembered talking to Rohan who told him she was interested in him, then drinking and coming back. He tried to remember what else, but nothing.

He shrugged and took the tablets. He stayed in bed for a while before going to the bathroom and dressing up. He checked the time, it was already afternoon. He got his keys and headed to Madisyn's room.

He knocked but there was no answer. He tried to open the door but it was locked. Then he checked his phone for any message and there was one from her.

*I'm not coming to the station now. I'll come later in the afternoon though. xMaddie.*

He rolled his eyes at the sight of her nickname. It was the one that Josh guy started calling her. He still didn't like the guy. It wasn't just the fact that he was the boyfriend of the girl that got murdered, it was something else, he didn't even know what the thing was, he just knew he didn't like him. Maybe it was how close he easily became to Madisyn who never let guys get close to her that quickly. What made Josh different?

He dismissed it and thought of calling Madisyn to know where she was. He went and almost dialled it.

But she said she'll come later, maybe she's making some findings, he thought.

He left and headed to the station to tell the sheriff what he and Madisyn discovered about Sidney.

He went in and knocked before entering. He met Robin laughing along with a woman. But the smile on his face soon turned sour upon seeing Ian.

The woman turned.

"Hello. I'm Ian, the detective.", he introduced stretching his hand forth. Ian noticed the woman share a look with Robin. She stood up.

"Hi, I'm Ana. So you're the detective. It's good to speak to you.", she said cheerfully.

"The detective. I guess I'm that popular huh.", he said and she chuckled.

"I work in the diner so I saw you, yesterday.",

"Oh yeah, we passed by. We were....", Ian was cut short by Robin who cleared his throat.

"I believe you wanted to see me.", Robin said pointedly.

"Oh, don't worry. You were laughing along with Ana here so I'll leave you to...",

"Oh, no detective. I don't want to be in the way of the law.", Ana said after glancing at Robin.

"The way of the law. Don't worry about that. Plus, you can call me Ia...",

"Ana and I are done discussing. So she's right.", Robin said sternly.

"Yes. Yes. Now excuse me.", she said and quickly left, carefully shutting the door.

Ian looked at her as she did before turning to sit and face Robin who was giving him a questioning look.

"Is there something she told you concerning the murder?", Ian asked.

"What we were discussing is something you wouldn't need to concern yourself with detective.", Robin said trying not to give his dislike away, but he was surprised when Ian smiled and leaned forward on the table.