Chapter Four

The Autopsy

LISA had started staying in Hugh's house since he left for the station. Robin interrogated people, mostly her friends and whoever they suspected or hinted at.

She was still alone in the house. Hugh hadn't come back and she didn't want to go back to her own house. The police would still be there and she didn't think she would be able to stand the fact that they were there because of her close friend's murder.

She was sipping on a drink when she heard the doorbell. She walked and opened it to see Sandra. She looked around and noticed Sandra had come alone.

She was surprised at this because she knew Sandra was always with Erik. They worked side by side and if one didn't know they worked together, one would think they were dating. Though if one would spend just a few minutes with them, that idea would be burnt from their memory. Sandra always treated Erik poorly and she was always baffled as to why he was still working with them.

The image of Sandra standing in front of her unmoved made her wonder, could it be that Sandra was here just to visit her, but that would be rare and how did she know she was at Hugh's house unless she actually came to visit Hugh. Lisa got her questions cleared when Sandra spoke.

"I guess Gwendolyn was right.", Sandra said.

"Excuse me?", Lisa asked confused.

"She had said you obviously wouldn't be staying in your house given that it's right next to a murder scene so you would either be in Raven's house or with your boyfriend.", Sandra said.

"What do you want?", Lisa asked. She didn't like Sandra because she was always involving herself in issues that didn't concern her. She took buck-nosing to a whole new level.

"Wouldn't you at least let me in? I'm sure you haven't forgotten your manners."

"Oh sure.", Lisa said forcing a smile and shifting for Sandra to enter.

Sandra sauntered into the house as if she owned it. The house was a bungalow, but a wide one and had more space than Lisa and Sarah's.

Lisa closed the door and sat on the couch opposite the one Sandra sat on.

"So would you get straight to the point and say what you're..."

"Certainly, there's something to offer. I would like a drink, just like the one you have.", Sandra said and when Lisa didn't move she added. "I am your guest, you should have the decency to treat me like one.", she added.

Lisa sighed and reluctantly left. "I would like something sweet though to even out your sour reception.", Sandra called out and seconds later, Lisa was back with a glass of chilled fruit drink.

"Ah yes.", Sandra said and gulped out of it which reduced it to half.

"What do you want?", Lisa asked again.

"Yes, I'm sure you of all people are aware of the huge tragedy that has struck this town. By the way, I'm sorry for your loss. Anyways, it's my job, as a worker of the register, to let the people know of what goes on in their town. To share the truth to the people.", Sandra said sounding like she was doing some glorified duty.

"Your point is?",

"I'm here to know what you have witnessed so it would be part of the article which would be the front page headline tomorrow.",

"I'm sorry but I won't be telling you anything. I've told the Sheriff all I know and there is no reason for me to tell you anything.", Lisa said trying to keep her anger in check.