I - the beginning.

I : the beginning.

let me go back to those times
where we could keep our words hidden like mimes
knowing it'd never last
one day it'll all be in the past.

now..
now.

"Vince, it's undeniable that you need the help."

Zak threw the dark teal scarf over his shoulder, making sure it was secure for our small trip. He looked up at me, his eyes bright with excitement.

"Please, can we just not talk about this now? We're going out somewhere with Darryl right now. Are we not?"

He sighed, running a hand through his raven-coloured hair. "Yeah, you're right, Whatever, let's just go."

As if almost on cue, Darryl came down the short, 4-step set of stairs we had in our main room. "Are you muffins ready?"

The awkward tension from before was immediatly broken as Zak & I nodded, checking one last time to see if we were all ready. When we were set, we got out to the new car we'd all payed for, a lambo.
Originally Darryl & I had saved up for one specifically for Zak, but the smaller boy insisted that we all shared it together. Darryl & I had no protest against that, it's a fucking lambroghini.

"This is the first time we'll be going out since you woke up. Aren't you muffin tops excited?" Darryl piped up, scooting into a more comfortable position in the backseat beside me, the basket containing baked goods inbetween us.

"Yeah, it's gonna be great!" Zak replied, shoving the keys into the placement, making the fine car start up. "The place that Darryl & I found is so nice, trust me, Vince. You'll love it."

I smiled at his words, leaning my against the window to admire the scenery. This specific day was bright, full of colour. The sun shone down on us, complimenting the bright colours that flowed throughout the city of Chicago. It all seemed like a painted picture, or a scene straight from the end of a highschool movie where the characters all come to realization & faith, something along those lines.
People all along the streets, bustling with energy. It was odd for a day in late October, yet most welcoming. An unexpected gift from mother nature.

Regardless of the trip being a whole hour, it seemed to go by so quickly. Now, we were at a large park in the middle of absolutely nowhere.
Rich, dark green grass brushed along our footwear, the colours complimenting the scenery that went along with it all. The treets all around extremely tall, almost as if they were reaching to the clouds. The leaves tinted of reds & yellows, oranges & browns, yet still keeping hints of the original greens from underneath.

"Cat got your tongue?" Darryl chuckled, causing me to come back to my senses.

The scene had left my mouth agape, distracted in a state of bliss.
"How'd you guys manage to find such a nice spot?"

"Oh, come on." Zak grabbed my hand, forcing me to run along with him. I didn't protest, almost getting ahead of him, only staying behind to let him lead.

"Oh, come on!"
The shorter male & I chucked at hearing Darryl's voice behind us, completely ignoring his orders.

He finally sat me down on some large rocks near a smaller stream with rock paths all through it, small waterfalls trickling over the formations.
"Wow,' I exclaimed, breathlessly. "I didn't think it could get better with this."