XII - monster

XII - monster

I apologize, my bug.
I didn't mean it to end this way
If only I could give you a hug;
If I could keep you here as you, to stay

"Vincent!"

I turned around to see Harvey, a look of panic over his face, tied to a chair by purple ribbon.

"Harvey!" I dashed over to him, but was stopped as something stepped in front of my way.

A familiar tall, dark figure loomed over me. It felt as if I knew who hid behind this figure; yet, I couldn't place it in my mind. 

They looked down to me, one large eye closed.

"What brings you here.. hero?"

The way they had said hero, so slowly, yet dangerously sent shivers down my spine. They knew who I was & what I had done, & they were clearly not fond of it.

The voice seemed so familiar, yet it was as if they were fogging up my memory.

I stepped away from them, looking to what was going on with Harvey.

A blank ink, similar to the one that had drowned me into Fallen swarmed around him. I could hear it's faint whispers visibly driving him insane, but unable to hear them.

It seemed to be playing around with the ribbon, the purple fading from a grey to neon colour with it's voice.

Once again I stared back up to the figure, it's eye now open.

It caught me off guard. The eye looked to be from another dimension, like a reflection of the universes out there.

Of course, if I only know of Earth, Fallen, the Mirror Dimension, & now Outvaded, there are for sure many more twisted worlds out there.

It brought me to wonder: is there another dimension as far strict as Earth?

No, I can't be distracted now.

"Hey!" I called out to the ink.

It stopped moving around Harvey, seeming to turn & stare at me.

The voice of it was distorted, something I couldn't understand. Harvey seemed to be able to, his eyes widening more with fear as it spoke.

"You know I don't understand you," I clenched my fists, trying to keep my tone clear of any sign of anger, the very thing burning inside me then & there. 

"But, I know you understand me. Let my friend go, or I will make you. You brought us here, back to this hell that we thought we once escaped.."

The image of Techno's final moments came back, his voice.

I forced myself to push the thought away, adverting my gaze to Harvey's restraints.