VII - disconnected

VII - disconnected

you're changing,
always rearranging
constantly betraying
to yourself, you're raging

no longer mistiful, amazing
always stargazing
you're slipping out of placement
changing, you're changing

"Well, now that you're here, we may as well go out, anyways. It'll give us a chance to get to know you a bit better, Mega."

The disguised boy nodded in agreement. The four of us made our way out to the car, Zak chatting with Mega.

"So, you really can't talk?"

The smaller boy shook his head, no. He climbed into the backseat of the car, across from me while Zak & Darryl sat in the front, Darryl the driver.

"Were you born that way? Or..?"

Again, Mega shook his head no.
He pulled out his phone. I could see he was typing to Zak.

"it happened from an incident."

"Oh, I see.."

The raven-haired boy quieted as we started off, our destination a mall in the middle of the city. About a half hour drive, nothing bad.

Mega
i'm going to talk to mx later. like
whwn we get back home
i don't know but but
i feel like i need to

Me
be careful. pleade
please*

Mega
yeah yeah
it's distracting me
a lot

Me
i'm sure it's fine lmao
just try to enjoy the time out
if you're here anyways you may as well

Mega
yeah

He shut off his phone, staring out at the outside world from behind the window.

I could understand how he felt.
Disconnected.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Zak turned around, glacing down to where the rock I had kicked hit his shoe.

"Sorry," I mumbled.

Wordlessly, he turned around, continuing on.

I glanced over to Mega who was looking around at where we were.
Darryl had brought us to an old college he went to. We were just walking around the baseball diamond in the back area, mindlessly.

Zak & Darryl were chatting, occasionally bringing Mega or me into the conversation. I could tell that neither of us were really paying attention, but more focused on the real job.

I was snapped out of my trace as I bumped into Zak, stopping in my tracks.
Mega bumped into Darryl, also stopping.

"Do you smell something?" Zak asked, raising his head up to sniff the air.

I did the same, along with Mega & Darryl.

I saw Mega's face turn pale, quickly breaking out into a sweat.
He tugged on the end of my shirt, staring up at me wide-eyed.