XIII - sky lights

XIII - sky lights

angel
it's what they called you
what i called you
me, who am i?

"Is there even a possible way to get back to Fallen, let alone the overworld?"

I let out a long sighed, lying back against the tree & tapping my foot, feeling around for the orb in my pocket.

"That, I don't know."

Harvey frowned, biting the inside of his cheek while in thought.

"Do you think there is any like, portal? You said you came here through one, did you not?"

"It's possible. It'd make sense. What is there not in this world?"

He shrugged, looking down at me for a moment before speaking up.

"We might as well get going."

Without anymore words, I stodd up, starting to walk alongside the shorter male once again.

Unlike usual, he was quiet, more calm. It's as if he finally started to understand the circumstances of the situation, & how bad things really were for us.
It's as if my saying about Techno's death had set a switch off in him, one I couldn't differentiate between bad & good.

The air seemed to become tense, silence between the two of us. The only sound was the snow crunching beneath us & our heavy breath, tired from the cold.

"Hey, Vincent..?"
Harvey stopped, turning to me whilst looking down, almost nervous.
He fumbled with his gloves, still ignoring my eyes.

"Yeah?"

"I've been thinking about Techno. What you told me about him,"

My assumptions were proven correct.

"His.. de-"

"Yes."

He now looked up to me, eyes wide with fear.
Of course he thought we would die. He thought as if I had kept that detail from him, like hiding it.

It was a good thing he cut me off. I couldn't have finished what I was saying, either way.

Back to his question - To be honest, I wasn't 100% sure.
I didn't yet learn about Outvaded & what the world holds. I wasn't meant to.
We are traveling alone in the wilderness, any types of creatures could be out here.

Or..

"No."

He frowned from the abrupt answer, but didn't press on.

"Sorry." I turned away, but remained eye contact with him. "I don't know what's out here. Before I .. came here, I never knew this place existed. I don't know most of what's out in Fallen, let alone here. So, I can't exactly answer your question."

He nodded, trying to keep a straight expression.
Even through the mask, I knew he still worried & there was nothing I could do about it.

Maybe my answer wasn't what was best for his mentality, but I'm not going to sit here & feed bullshit to someone who is not an idiot.

"Uh- I have an idea."

Snapped out of my thoughts,  I looked back over to Harvey, too confused to say a word.