XX - a very much existing void filled with regret

Looking up to you, you were a hero to me
One's mind can take something so wrong;
all they wanted was to be free
Cold, stone expression, yet you ask
if I'm okay
telling you I'll make it through to very next day
Intimidating image, yet you're soft as can be
No matter what they say, they won't stop me

"I can't go back," I could see him mouth, "I can't go back."

"Clay!" I called, tears blurring my vision, "Please, we have to go back! For god's sake, people are dying!"

"I need Geo! What if he is hurt? Or, even worse-"

Dave jumped down, knocking the orb from Clay's hands. Both of them scrambled in a panic to grab it. Hopping off of the bed, I grabbed hold of the grey orb.

"VINCENT! Don't do it, please!"

"Vin, don't listen to him. More people are dying, everyday, because we got ourselves stuck here."

Admist the chaotic situation, Dave still managed to remain level-headed. The others stood in a corner near the door, eyes wide in fear & wonder.

"I'm sorry, Clay. Friends aren't an option, right now."

Bringing the two orbs closer together, I muttered one last thing to this world; to Mx.

"I'll see you soon, Fallen."

The orbs collided, their once coloured glow now a blinding white. One by one, beams of light with their respective colours reflected on us.

Purple,
blue,
red
orange,
green,
yellow,
pink,
and black.

"Geo is with Mx!" Clay cried, eyes wide with fear. Never had I seen him so scared; but it didn't last for long, in my eyes.

The world around us turned into a white light, all noise drowned away.

Slowly, the familiarity of my room faded into focus.

Meg- Dave layed on the old, fluffed up, biege rug that stayed beside my bed. Golden outlines of his wings flittered in sync with his shallow breaths.

"I-" my voice was silent, something only I could hear.

I really did it?

The room was still cold & too eerie for my liking. Standing up, I took a wheezing breath as the blood from my head rushed through me. My body screamed at every small movement, worn out from spending days on the hardwood floor unconscious.

Pushing my door open, a block stopped me.

Zak & Darryl.
Oh, God.

Takinf a deep breath, I pushed the door open again, being careful not to crush the two between the wall & door.

Darryl sat propped up against the door, Zak leaning on him. Blood stained Zak's signature blue hood, Darryl's arms all covered in it. It ran down Darryl's face, over his closed eyes & blue lips.