II - your world

II : your world

i beg you, don't cry
this isn't my wish.
i promise you soon
we'll be in a world of bliss

"Techno?"

There the man stood in front of me. He wore the same thing from Fallen, except for a shining halo above his head & large feathered wings behind him, flowing along with the odd gravity around us. His figure radiated a light energy off of him, giving him an almost transparent look.

"Vincent?" his voice sounded far different. Almost emotionless, a slighr echo following behind it. "What are you doing here?!"

"I.." was unable to speak, unable to comprehend this.
Am I really here with him?
"Where are we?"

"The hall of mirrors, the world of the guardian angels. Here we look through these mirrors at our mor- WAIT!" the emotion seemed to return to his voice, his face draining of colour. "You didn't.."

"NO! I don't think?!" I exclaimed, looking down at my arms & legs. "I just went to bed, woke up here-"

He cut me off by coming up to me & covering my mouth, looking at the mirrors around me.
"They don't show your reflection, you aren't dead. Only guardian angels can have reflections here, as mortals aren't supposed to be here. How are you here?"

The question lingered in the air, an awkward silence following as I twiddled around with my fingers. "I'm not sure."

"You said you went to sleep, correct?" I glanced back up at him, scanning around him face down to his outfit.
"Yes."

"That means.. my suspicions are proven true," he turned away, pacing back & forth whilst floating above the mirrors. "You have lingering energy from the monster, or some part of Fallen. One that refuses to let go of you, one you refuse to let go of."

My mind searched around for possible answers to what this could be. Possibly, the monster. But it'd make no sense, his entire existence was wiped from Fallen's files, along with all of eternity.
"Maybe Mx?"

"No. I've talked to Mx here, his soul was finally freed from Fallen. Remember his explaination of Fallen's connection to the real world & our souls?"

I nodded, remembering the intricate ways of the world.

"He's free, like I said. But the only issue, the mortal he's supposed to guard is trapped.. we don't know who they are, but some type of Fallen's energy is linking into the real world & creating chaos. It's hosting on you, I believe.."

"The orb?"
He looked at me oddly before his eyes lit up.

"Possibly.. is there anyone from Fallen you remember? People who couldn't have an ending with what we did?"

Again, my mind ran around trying to think of anyone that'd be negativly impacted by what we'd done. As far as we were concerned, we were saving the world, helping everyone. Although, not everyone in Fallen had connections to the real world. So for sure, we impacted somebody..
"Any type of the monster's 'team'? The zombies, ghasts, the people who were truley on his side? What about the sirens?"

The angel snapped his fingers, staring at me intensely.
"Good thinking, Vince.. You could be right. But nobody was on the monster's side willingly, so it just.. wouldn't make sense."