Part 1. 1.

AN: This book contains smut. This will serve as the warning for the entire book. The songs in this book belong to other artists and have been used for this book because I am a sub-par songwriter. All rights & credits belong to those songwriters/artists.

Be sure to check out my newest book "Hayes" the first book in what will be the Carolina Cyclones Hockey Series 💙

Blake twirled the whiskey glass he held between his hands. He lifted a finger and gestured for the bar tender to pour him another. This was his fourth, or maybe it was his fifth.

He didn't remember. Not that it mattered, he didn't have anywhere to be and it wasn't like he was driving.

He lifted his eyes to meet the bartender's as she brought him the drink he had asked for. She pushed his drink forward winking at him in the process. If she noticed the red rims around his eyes indicating that he'd probably had enough, she didn't acknowledge it. She was a simple kind of pretty, her best feature her sizable and largely exposed breasts. She looked like the kind of girl who would claim to love his music but would probably be far more interested in his notoriety. The kind that often approached him to beg for a photo, an autograph, or whatever they could get from him.

He didn't much mind though. Fans and groupies were typically harmless, besides, girls falling at his feet wasn't something he cared to put a stop to. He enjoyed reaping the benefits.

Like now ,for instance, as the bartender took her break and was replaced with a burly guy who appeared to be in his mid-thirties, she slunk off towards the bathroom, shaking her hips and daring a glance back at him to make sure he was following. Blake was never one to turn down a good time, so of course he was.

She disappeared into the men's restroom and Blake followed only moments later. He got straight to business, extending his hands to release her belt, sliding her shorts down just enough to slip his hand into her panties and rub his fingers against her wet sex. She moaned his name and it was at that moment he realized he didn't have a single clue what hers was. It was irrelevant. He'd be gone as soon as she gave him what he needed.

Blake was done wasting time and she had finally managed to free his dick from his skin tight black skinny jeans. He dug a condom out the back pocket of his pants pocket, tearing open the wrapper and unrolling the latex coating over his throbbing erection. Her fingers tangled themselves into the mop of black hair that was covering his head. She tugged gently against the strands and he groaned, aligning himself at her entrance. He gave her no warning or prep as he slid into her. Her eyes widened as he allowed her no time adjust, just lifting his hips and setting a steady rhythm, quickly moving in and out of her. She screamed, it was shrill and irritating and he wished she would just shut the fuck up and help him finish. He squeezed the soft skin at the back of her thighs and lifted her slowly until she was seated on the counter, allowing him a better angle. He drove himself into her, pushing and pulling her hips, over and over again until she finally clenched around him.

With her taken care of he picked up the pace, the sound of skin slapping heard over the outside noise of the bar. After what felt like forever he finally hit his high, thrusting a few times more to allow himself to ride it out, before leaving her empty.

He disposed of the condom in the toilet before leaving the bathroom, the girl, and the bar, behind him. Just another day in the life of pop star Blake Everett.

Things had never been this bad, he'd never felt this far gone. Wasn't living the dream supposed to be fun? If so, he had certainly fucked up somewhere along the way. He knew he had to do something, if he kept this up, he was headed straight for destruction.

*

Across town, in a spot called Deno's, known to the locals for it's amazing food and the open mic night talent, Blair Andrews took the stage. For her performance she removed her apron and grabbed her guitar out of the back storage room. She had been waiting tables at Deno's for over two years, doing the same thing everyone else in town was, trying to make a name for herself.

She had moved out to LA at eighteen, desperate to escape her parents and turn her dreams into a reality. She had been desperate to do something with herself besides resigning to grow up to be a wife and mother like the other girls in Lynchville seemed content to do.

She wasn't like them, she never had been.

"How's everyone doing tonight?" She asked as she stepped up to the microphone, her fears melting away as her anxiety about the performance faded into excited nerves. "My name's Blair and I've got just one song for you tonight. It's an original, and it's called "Good Riddance"

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road. Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go. So make the best of this test and don't ask why It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time. It's something unpredictable,
but in the end it's right. I hope you had the time of your life.

Blair stared out into the crowd as she took them in, smiling at the sound of their applause.

"Thanks guys." She called into the microphone, taking a step away from it and heading offstage. It hadn't been her best performance but the packed house of mostly regulars who had seen her before had responded positively.

She didn't make it far before being stopped by a gentleman in a nice suit. Her first reaction was to remove her wrist from his grasp. One look at his face had her fight or flight reflex disappearing.

"Can I help you?" She asked, thankful for the crowds around and Deno's watchful eye across the restaurant.

"I'm sorry if I frightened you Ms. Andrews but I just had to catch you before you went back to your shift. You are the one that works here right?"

"Uh, yeah." Blair answered unsure of how he knew she worked there. "Look, do I know you?"

"My apologies, I should introduce myself. My name is Damon Blackwell and I work for Tidal Records. You may have heard of us?"

Holy shit.

"We have some notable artists on our roster, people like Shawn Mendes, Halsey, and of course Paper Parachute."

"Um, yeah I've heard of the label. What can I do for you?"She asked, trying desperately not to squeal like a school girl over the fact that a real life record label representative had come to speak with her.

"Well actually Blair, this is about what I can do for you. Mr. Deno contacted our office and said there was a girl who worked for him who could sing any song you wanted her to. That she had indescribable talent, that she was a natural storyteller that made you feel the lyrics when she sang them for you. I doubted his assessment, truthfully we get calls about 'indescribable talent' quite frequently, but I still came to see for myself and Blair, he was right. I'd love to have you come out to Tidal. We can talk terms and conditions then but I am very interested in having you record a sample of songs with us and seeing where that may lead. I understand that you've been working on a demo so if you're interested, bring whatever you have of that with you as well. Here's my card. Think on it and get back to me to set up a date. It was nice meeting you."

He clicked the button on his blue tooth headset and turned on his heel immediately diving into a conversation, disappearing into the crowd as quickly as he had appeared.

Blair was left clutching onto the business card and staring after him as he went, thinking that for the first time since she had gotten to LA, her dreams finally felt possible.

An: I'd love to know your thoughts. This is my first attempt at a non-fanfic and I'm really proud of the story line I've developed for this book. I really hope you'll give it a try.

Song credit: good riddance (Time of Your Life) by Green Day

Vote and Comment

As always,
Thank you for reading, I love you
Sav🖤