18.

BlakePP, brookiecookie, and 324,765 others like thisDexPP Frands, Pizza, & the beach

DexPP Frands, Pizza, & the beach. You're alright Tampa.

Blair double tapped on Blake's post as she saw it roll across her screen, smiling at the fact that Dex had chosen a picture she was in to post. She hoped it was a small sign that she had earned Blake's friend's approval.

She glanced at the clock on the hotel bedside table and saw she still had a few minutes before the boys would be on the radio. Interviews gave incredible press, but she hadn't been sad at all to be left out of this one when Blake had left at six AM that morning.

It was nearly ten and she had the radio app open on her phone, listening in for them so she wouldn't miss their interview.

"So, we have one of the hottest bands of the moment, Paper Parachute, in studio with us this morning! We'll be right back to speak with them, but before we get to that here's their latest single, "Someone You Loved."

The radio host's voice faded out as Blake's song drifted through the speakers. Blair had a love hate relationship with the song. It was beautiful, but painfully so. Blake's vocals in it were practically drool worthy, but the story he told was heartbreaking and it was even more so because she knew the story was true. It cut her up inside to know that someone had hurt him in that way, made him hate himself so much that he'd shut out the whole world for years and refused to let himself feel anything. He'd built walls twenty feet high and Blair was still trying to chip away at the scar tissue that the woman, Ashley, had left behind in Blake's heart.

The song dissipated and her ears perked up as she heard the boys in the background.

"We're back and we've got the boys of Paper Parachute with us!"

"Hello!" They all chorused.

"So, we've just played your new single and let me just say our listeners love it, it's one of the most requested songs at the moment. The most common question when we asked our fans what we should ask you was the story behind the song. So tell us, if you can, what's it about?"

"I guess I'll take that one" Blake said reluctantly, a large rush of air escaping his thinned lips. "I've been pretty open with our fans about my past. I was in a really toxic relationship, but I didn't realize how bad it really was until recently, if I'm being honest. This song was just my way of dealing with a lot of the pent up sadness and hurt that I had never allowed myself to feel about how that relationship ended. I used it as a form of therapy almost to get her out of my system."

"You've put out a few other songs recently that you're playing in your live show. Tell us about those."

"Yeah, so there are two other new ones that we're playing but aren't actually released yet." Dex chimed in, always taking one for the team.

Blair knew Rian was who Blake considered his best friend, but Dex had quickly grown to be her clear favorite among his bandmates.

"Dying in LA is kind of a collective feeling for all of us, it kind of tells the story of where we are right now and also how we came to LA with these crazy expectations and just really kind of ignorant about a lot of things. It tackles our feelings about the music industry as a whole through a very retrospective lens."