4

"You nervous?" Blair asked him and he shrugged his shoulders.

If he was to be honest with her he was terrified. He hated doctors in general but this one was going to be getting really personal with him and if that wasn't enough, this was also the doctor that could potentially kill his hope of being able to give Blair the thing she wanted most, a baby.

"It's okay if you're nervous." She said quietly as she laced her hands around his neck.

"I just don't know if I want to hear what he's gonna tell me." He said honestly.

"Yeah, but wouldn't you rather know?" She asked, her brow furrowed. "At least then we can do something about it. Find a treatment accept the inevitable, whatever at least we wouldn't be in limbo anymore. This...this not knowing what the fuck to do is killing me." She said, her words slurring together as she ran out of breath from rushing as her mouth tried to keep up with her thoughts.

He sighed. "I just would rather there not be a problem, truthfully."

"Yeah, but...if it's not anything we can fix with you or me, then what if that's just the end of it? We just can't have a kid?"

"I don't wanna think like that." He said, pulling her close.

"Sorry. I've just been so in my head the past few weeks. I think it's because I haven't had time to write and everything's just all, bottled up." She said, her mouth turning down in a frown.

"At least you have studio time today."

"God, I know! It's been ages since I just got to sit down and do what I love."

"Damn and here I thought you did what you loved nearly every night." He said, lifting his eyebrows playfully to allude to his meaning.

She hit his shoulder softly to chastise him for his crude humor while he laughed.

"You know what I mean. I thrive in the studio, I love working on new music and getting all of the juices flowing."

"I could get your juices flowing." He smirked and she hit him again.

"Jesus, you are something else this morning." She laughed at him. "Here, I made you a smoothie, there's granola bars in the cabinet. If you don't leave now you'll be late."

"Okay, love. Have a great day. I'll come by to see what you've got once I finish up at the doctor's okay?"

She nodded and he leaned forward, bending slightly so that their lips could meet.

"I love you, B. I'll see you later."

"I love you!" She called after him, hoping his checkup would finally give them some answers.

When he was gone she got herself dressed, a pair of sweatpants and one of Blake's old shirts her basic uniform for studio days.

She grabbed a bottle of water and her own smoothie before heading to her car. She slid behind the wheel and pulled out of their driveway, merging into the steady traffic of LA and flipping through radio stations until she heard the sound of Blake's band, Paper Parachute, drifting from the speakers.

It was one of their older singles and she sang along as the voice she loved more than life itself sang to her through her car radio.

Stay with me, baby stay with me,
Tonight don't leave me alone.
She shows me everything she used to know,
Picture frames and country roads,
When the days were long and the world was small.
She stood by as it fell apart,
Separate rooms and broken hearts,
But I won't be the one to let you go.

Oh, I'm not sure what this is gonna be,
But with my eyes closed all I see
Is the skyline, through the window,
The moon above you and the streets below.
Hold my breath as you're moving in,
Taste your lips and feel your skin.
When the time comes, baby don't run, just kiss me slowly.

Don't run away
And it's hard to love again,
When the only way it's been,
When the only love you know,
Just walked away
If it's something that you want,
Darling you don't have to run,
You don't have to go

Blake's voice continued on as Blair let her thoughts drift back to the beginning of their relationship. It had been a struggle at first for sure. Finding their balance had been difficult but they'd done it. They'd survived her parents and all of their drama, the difficulty of a relationship between two touring artists, a pregnancy scare, the first two years of marriage, a miscarriage and all of these infertility problems.

She wasn't sure where she would have been without Blake. His unwavering commitment to her had carried her through the best and worst times of her life over the past few years. He had her whole heart and she knew she couldn't live without him. She wouldn't want to.

She pulled into her parking space at the studio and exited her car, shutting and locking the door behind her as she headed for her space.

She was working with a few writers today, ones who had a history of mega hits with people like 5 Seconds of Summer, Harry Styles, and Ariana Grande. She'd been incredibly flattered when they'd asked to write with her specifically.

There were so many things that the last year had laid on her heart to write about. Her notebook was full of tidbits and lyrics she hadn't had the headspace or time to work on and she was so confident that today would yield and amazing song, she could feel it.

She greeted the writers and set to work baring her soul for them to pick apart and rewrite until the words made sense and told the story she wanted to.

Within a few hours the chorus had taken shape, her cheeks were dampened with tears that she couldn't hold back as she played what they had done for the first time.

"Fuck." John, one of the writers said when she finished.

"Sorry it's a bit rough." She apologized as she sat her guitar down.

"No, no Blair. It's the rawness that makes it so incredibly gut wrenching. People are going to feel your pain. This is going to be an incredibly powerful song."

Blair gave a small smile, it was all she could manage at the present time.

"It's been a rough year." She said quietly as the others gave her a moment of brief silence to reflect. The quiet was interrupted as a knock sounded on the door and Blake stepped in to the studio.

He crossed the space to Blair in only a few steps. Tilting his chin downwards so he could kiss her before releasing her and greeting the others in the room.

"We got a lot done today." She told him as the session was called for the day and those who'd been working with her packed their things and headed for the door.

"Am I going to get to hear it?" He asked.

"Yeah, but you have the more important topic."

"What did the doctor say?" She asked and his eyes snapped up to hers.

An: Any ideas on what song you think Blair wrote?

What did the doctor tell Blake?

Vote/comment/share this!

Ily
Sav 🖤