11

16 weeks

The late May air was crisp as Blake and Blair crossed the lawn of the prestigious medical schools campus headed for the auditorium to find Blake's family.

"I guess it works out well that your brother's graduation was this week. We can tell your whole family at once without anyone having to be on video chat." Blair said nervously.

"Yeah babe." He agreed. "They're going to be thrilled, okay?" He added sensing her apprehension.

"Yeah, lets just focus on Scotty until after dinner though. I don't want to take away from his day, he's worked for this for forever."

"Aw, babe. I promise he won't be upset. He knows how much we want this, he's been pulling for us. Besides, Cash brought Jenna so there will be lots of exciting things today."

She nodded, trying to lessen her anxious feelings.

"Everyone should be right through here." He said holding the door for her.

"We're in that private room, right?" She whispered, not wanting to draw attention to themselves. 

"Yeah, this is the university's basketball arena and we're in like a box." He shrugged leading her down the hall way following the instructions his mother had texted him. "Should be this one."

He opened the door revealing a small room where their identification was checked before they could enter another door that held Blake's family.

"Why must everything with you two be so difficult?" Cash laughed, standing from a seat and opening his arms to embrace Blake in a hug.

"What can I say? The people love us!" He laughed confidently as he greeted his mom and Cash followed close behind by Blair.

"Where is she? I thought you brought her?" Blake asked his little brother in a low tone, looking over his shoulder for his alleged girlfriend. "You finally admit she's not real?"

"Shut the fuck up. She's in the bathroom." Cash hissed at him.

Blair giggled and moved to Blake's side looking out into the arena at all of the chairs and the friends and family members of the graduates filing into them.

"Damn, I can't believe out fucking brother is graduating from Harvard Med." Blake said to Cash, a proud look coating his face as he looked down at the crowd.

"God, I know. At least one of us got some brains."

"Speak for yourself!" Blake defended, ruffling the younger boys hair.

"Come on! Cut it out, we're fucking adults man!" Cash protested.

"Sucks for you, you'll always be my baby brother." Blake shrugged, looking up as a blonde emerged from a door off to the right of the room.

"Looks like I missed the start of the party!" She said warmly stepping forward and extending her hand to Blake and then Blair.

"Jenna Loch, nice time meet you both, I'm such a big fan. Cash talks about you so much!"

"All good things I hope!" Blair said.

"Oh, of course! He talks about Blake like he hung the moon and about how good you've been for him."

Blair smiled over to Cash.

"Well, don't tell Scotty, but Cash is definitely my favorite brother-in-law." She laughed.

"I fucking knew it!" Cash said with a fist pump.

Jenna went to say more but an announcement came from the floor of the arena for everyone to take their seats.