9

13 weeks

"Blair we're gonna have to discuss this sometime." Blake said as he pushed open the door to their shared bedroom and padded across the carpet to their master suite. He grabbed the chair from her vanity and spun it around, sitting backwards, his hands settling on the back of the chair his legs spread on either side.

"I don't want to talk about it." She said, her tone already obviously annoyed with him as she slid slightly deeper into her bubble bath.

"Blair, we have to make the decision. They're wanting to put out dates next week. We have to find a new opener, there is a lot of work to be done once this decision is finalized."

"So that's it then? You've already decided?"She snapped.

"B, you heard the doctor just like I did, it's not safe for our baby or for you for you to be dealing with all the stresses of headlining a tour right now."

She glared at him, her face set in a frown.

"And what? I'm just supposed to not tour after a brand new album. Just completely throw in the towel and let my fans down like that? Do you know what that could do to my career?" She pleaded.

"Baby, they're your fans, they love you. They care about you so much and they know how badly you want this. They will still be waiting for you once we have our, healthy, baby."

A tear slipped down her cheek and she looked away from him.

"I don't want to choose. It's not fair that I have to choose." She sobbed.

"Babe, it's not a permanent choice to quit music if you miss one tour. You know what might be a permanent choice? Ignoring our, highly trained, doctor's advice and headlining the tour. Stressing yourself out so much so that something happens to the baby. B, can you imagine going through what we went through last time again?" His voice came out rougher than he had meant for it to.

A sob escaped her throat and he instantly felt like a douche bag.

"Fuck, B. I'm sorry. I'm just not seeing where you're coming from here. We're usually on the same wavelength."

She dropped her head down and her tears made small ripples as they hit the bubbly water in their bathtub.

"Blair...Baby..." He tried but she refused to look at him.

He was growing frustrated and he was aware that her hormones weren't helping the situation. He pursed his lips for a moment before standing quietly and replacing the chair under her vanity.

"I love you, Blair. So much. I'm sorry that I made you cry, I'm just trying to help us make the best decisions for us, for our family. I'll be in the living room, we can talk more about this later, when you're ready." He bent down and placed a kiss to her forehead, letting his lips linger against her skin a moment longer than usual before he pulled away. "I love you." He repeated as he left her alone with her thoughts.

He only made it a few steps before his own eyes welled with tears.

Fuck.

Sometimes he really missed when he didn't know what it was like to care about other people's feelings. When he could just turn off his emotions and truly not give a fuck.

Blair's emotions were so carefully wound into his and watching her cry, knowing he had caused it, was the most gut wrenching thing he'd dealt with in a long time.

They never fought. They rarely even disagreed and the fact that their opinions were so obviously opposing on something that seemed so clear cut to him was eating him alive.

Didn't she understand the risk she was posing to the baby by going out on tour? What about the risks to herself? Did she honestly not understand how fearful he was of losing her, of losing their baby?

Nothing made sense to him as he sank into the couch in their living room and flipped on the TV, desperate for some terrible cable show to distract him from the myriad of things he was feeling.

He wiped at his eyes and leaned his head back against the back of the couch as he let himself be pulled into his thoughts.

Was there some kind of compromise they could reach?

He knew his Blair and he knew that once she made up her mind he had little chance of changing it. What could he do to allow her to feel like she was appeasing her fans while still keeping she and their precious baby safe?

He had to think of something.

Her soft steps sounded on the stairs as she came and curled up next to him. She buried her face into the nape of his neck and he felt her hot tears against his skin. He opened his arms and allowed her to sit in his lap his left arm draped over her and his thumb gently rubbing over her arm.

"Canceling on this tour feels like giving up on music." She says softly.

"What? Blair, that's not what this is and you know that."

"Do I?" She asked, spinning to look to him, her eyes wide.

"Blair..."

"What Blake? You know what happens in this industry when you don't tour?"

She paused for a moment, though not long enough for him to actually respond.

"You get forgotten." Her lip quivered slightly and he felt the ache in his heart, she looked so pitiful.

"You're not going to be forgotten, B. You'll have a new album out, an amazing album might I add. I can't believe it's already your third. It's going to be just as amazing and well received as the first two. You'll be all over the radio, you'll out sell me as always and when you and our baby are ready you'll tour again and it will be a smashing success."

He believed all the words as he spoke them and though she could sense his sincerity she had a hard time allowing herself to hear them as truth.

"But what if it's not? What if this is the end for me?"

"It's not, but if it was you'd still be the most amazing woman I've ever met. The most talented singer, the best wife, my absolute best friend. If your career ended, I hope I'd still be enough for you." He said, his throat growing thick with emotion.

She leaned forward and firmly pressed her lips to his. Saying with her actions what her tears were preventing her mouth from speaking.

Liked by brookiecookie, DexPP and 523,942 othersBlairE Thankful for the most loving husband to help me through the past few weeks after my accident (and he apparently knows what blending means?)

BlairE Thankful for the most loving husband to help me through the past few weeks after my accident (and he apparently knows what blending means?). Thanks for all of the love and encouragement, I'm starting to feel like myself again. I love you all and can't wait to see you all really soon 🖤
BlakePP I love you with all I am.
DexPP @BlakePP can y'all get a room or something?
BlakePP @DexPP shut up we all know you're the biggest BB stan
MommaE He best be treating my favorite girl right! Love you both!

An: soft BB

But also sad?

What do you think they've decided?

Insta post 🥺

Ily
Sav🖤