9.

Blake laughed from behind closed lips as Blair nearly licked her bowl after finishing her meal.

"Don't laugh at me." She whined. "It was freaking amazing, you were right."

"I wouldn't steer you wrong." He said seriously. Blair knew he was talking about the food, but the way he said it made her question if that was the only subject he was referring to.

When the waitress came with the check he grabbed it quickly, not allowing her the opportunity to protest as he paid for her meal.

"I'll get it next time." She promised.

He smiled at that. His face teasing as he said, "Oh, so you're telling me you want there to be a next time."

"Well, yeah." She said her eyebrows furrowing. "Don't you?"

"I think I would like that very much."

"Hey!" Blair called to Blake a few weeks later as she walked into he and the band's studio space, waiting for him to step through to the sound room so she could hand him the herbal tea she had picked up for him on the way to the studio this morning.

"Thanks." He said hoarsely.

"You feeling any better?" She asked, knowing he'd been feeling under the weather the past few days.

In the time she had known him, she and Blake had made lunch together a frequent occurrence . Practically every day she joined him and over that time she had learned so much about him. He had two brothers, both younger, one was in the Air Force and the other was studying to be a doctor. His mom lived on the beach, down in San Diego and surprisingly, he was incredibly close to her. She hadn't expected him to be a momma's boy but then again he had already proven to be full of surprises. He hated avocado and was obsessed with breakfast foods. His last relationship had ended badly. They had dated for two years and she completely broke his heart when he found her cheating on him. She had been a key part of him grieving his father and the loss of her had been an extra punch in the gut. His band had been on tour for the majority of the last few years and his biggest secret, he had told her, was occasionally wishing things could go back to how they were before his band took off. Before he had a reputation.

She'd learned enough about him and spent enough time with him to consider him a good friend. Probably the best she had made since moving to LA.

"My voice is shot to hell. Is that a medicine ball?" He asked her.

She nodded as he took a sip of the tea. She'd told him once it was her secret weapon to singing with a cold and she hoped it would work for him too.

"Thank you." He said quietly pulling her to his chest for a hug quickly before heading back in to the booth. She smiled and waved through the divider to the his bandmates. She had only met them briefly, before heading off for her own session.

"Shut up!" Blake said once the door was closed behind him and Blair had disappeared down the hall.

"Blake and Blair sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G" Blake quieted Rian by grabbing him in a playful choke hold.

"C'mon man." Kace added "You're always with her when you aren't with us. She's bringing you gifts now."

"It's just a tea" Blake spoke over his meddling friend.

"It's been weeks, what are you doing?" Kace said, ignoring the interruption.