6

"What?" Blake asked, his voice faltering as he spoke. He couldn't possibly have heard right.

"Blair had a positive testing for the hormone hCG which is only produced by the body during pregnancy. It would greatly assist us in the treatment of Blair's injuries while attempting not to harm the baby if you could tell us the approximate gestational age of the fetus we have a better chance at increasing each of their chance of survival."

The doctor's mouth moves and Blake hears the words but it's like his brain can't even handle the information.

Blair is pregnant.

Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit.

"I'm assuming you didn't know then?" The doctor asked and he shook his head as his mind filled with a million and one questions.

"We've been trying for so long and I saw a specialist today even and.." He trailed off as the doctor held up his hand.

"We'll get the age another way. Thank you for your help Mr. Everett I'll come back as soon as I know more." The doctor shook his hand and left the room leaving Blake

He wanted to scream and cry but most importantly he wanted to share the best news he'd heard in months with the woman he loved more than life. But he couldn't, because she and their little one were both fighting for their lives.

Even if the doctor said that Blair would be fine and it was just a few broken bones, he knew if she lost this baby, the guilt alone would kill her.

Dex joined him in the waiting room, out of breath from running in from the parking lot and up the stairs to the third floor waiting room he was currently occupying.

"Everything okay?" he asked, noting Blake's ashen face.

"Have you seen the doctor?" He tried when Blake remained silent a blank but worried look upon his face.

He nodded and his lips parted slightly before closing again as he tried to force himself to form words.

"Blair..." He got out and Dex ducked to meet his eyes, his hands outstretched and his eyebrows raised in confusion.

"Okay, Blair... Blair what?" Dex asked and Blake met his eyes.

"Pregnant."

Blake wasn't one hundred percent sure this was information he should be sharing before Blair was even aware herself but he didn't know what else to do, he was struggling to even form coherent thoughts.

"Oh fuck. Okay, okay, let's sit." Dex said pulling him to a chair. "This is a good thing!" His best friend told him. "You've both wanted this for so long."

"Yeah, but Dex, we're just now finally starting to be okay again after everything and I want to be happy and I want to celebrate with B but I don't even know if they're okay. If Blair finds out she's pregnant and something happens, if this doesn't work out again I don't know how we'll get through this. We barely made it out alive last time." He confessed and Dex placed a reassuring hand on his back.

"It's all gonna be okay, Blake. Blair will be fine, the baby will be fine, and Blair is gonna freak she'll be so happy about the baby. I don't know why though. Who in their right mind would want a little you running around?" He teased and Blake felt his chest relax slightly.

Dex always knew what to say. He hit his friend gently on the elbow.

"But then again, she married your crazy ass so I guess she never has been in her right mind." He joked and Blake scoffed.

"I still don't know how I managed that. Of the four of us if anyone had asked for bets on the order we'd get married I'm one hundred percent sure every rational human would have had me dead last or single forever."

"I don't doubt that. Kace is catching up to you at least. He and Kinley only have a few more months before their wedding." He smiled.

"You and Reagan aren't doing too bad yourselves." Blake grinned as Dex blushed. "How long you guys been dating now, a year?"

Dex nodded. "There about, yeah."

"You been in the jewelry store yet?" He prodded and Dex rolled his eyes. "We don't all just rush out and buy a diamond the first time we take a girl on a date. Not all of us have to trap someone into dealing with us." He teased and Blake shoved him again.

"Cash said the same thing." He laughed.

"How is he?"

"He's doing as well as can be expected. Still learning his new normal two years later." He sighed.

The door opened and the surgeon stepped back into the waiting room and made a bee line for the pair.

Blake's laughter died down as he approached. He was thankful that even if only for a few moments he had had Dex beside him to distract him from the days events.

"Mr. Everett," The doctor began and Blake nodded to tell him to continue. "Your wife was hit by a pick up on her driver side door. Her side airbag reduced the impact significantly but she did still sustain some injuries."

"Okay." Blake swallowed down the vomit that was rising in his throat.

"She has a concussion, a cracked rib, and she broke her left wrist." He said and Blake looked up at him expecting him to continue to list injuries.

"That's it?" He asked incredulously, releasing a heavy breath as the doctor nodded.

"She sustained some bruising and scrapes but as far as major issues yes."

"Oh thank God." He said. He could deal with those.

"And the baby?" He asked after a moment.

"We're gonna give her fluids and monitor her over night, but so far her body seems to be doing its job and everything seems fine. There's been no sign of her body trying to contract or otherwise expel the fetus so at least for now all seems well. Based on the hormone levels we're estimating she's about a month along." He told him and Blake dropped down into a squat, overcome with emotion and relief at the doctor's words.

"Thank you." Blake said, returning to his full height and extending his hand to shake the surgeon's.

He was told he would be able to see Blair in about an hour when she was moved into a room and he sank back into a waiting room chair, hoping the time would pass quickly.

"What ya thinking about?" Dex asked after a few minutes of silence lingered between them.

"Trying to decide, how, when, and if I should tell Blair about the baby."

"What do you mean 'if'?" Dex said, his voice rising slightly and obviously full of judgement.

"I just mean.." He sighed and scrubbed over his face with his hands. "I'd hate for her to find out and something happen and just.." He couldn't bear to finish his sentence.

"You can't just with hold her own medical information from her like that. It's her fucking body, Blake. Plus she needs to take, like, vitamins and shit." He reminded Blake, ever the voice of reason.

Fuck. In his efforts to formulate a plan to save Blair from pain should the pregnancy not work out he had forgotten common sense.

"Alight, alright you're right. I'll tell her. Fuck I just hope this all works out. I can't live without her, Dex. I can't."

AN: What do you think about the news?

Will Blair really be okay?

What about baby BB?

What's next?

ILY

Sav