41.

Inconclusive.

How the actual fuck was it possible for a pregnancy test to be inconclusive? Blair tossed the stick in the trash and huffed as she exited the ladies room and trekked her way back to where she had left Blake.

"Everything alright, love? You were gonna a while."

"Just not feeling great." She replied, being partially truthful, her stomach was in knots of anxiousness.

She slipped her phone from her pocket and texted Brooke to update her on the situation. She'd meant to FaceTime her but she had been far too busy panicking.

"I'm sorry, babe. Anything I can do for you?" Blake asked, his hand reaching out to clasp hers.

"What? Uh, no. I'll be fine, just bad plane food or something."

He narrowed his eyes, not fully believing her, but shrugged it off as he threw his arm around her.

She was thankful for the change in position as it meant he couldn't see her eyes and the sheer terror held within them.

As the minutes passed she felt herself grow numb to the world around her. Inside her head, her brain moved one hundred miles a minute, concocting horror stories and worst case scenarios that filled her with dread and left her hoping desperately for some answers when they made it back to Los Angeles.

Her phone vibrated in her pocket and she retrieved it quickly, her eyes scanning over Brooke's response. Her hand grasped Blake's shirt as she told herself that everything would be fine. Brooke would bring over another test when they got home, and she'd have some answers.

"I wish you'd tell me what's bothering you." Blake murmured, burying his face in her hair and pressing a soft kiss to the crown of her head. "I know it's not nothing."

She sighed, and for a moment she really did debate just telling him but, she didn't want to send him spiraling into a panic either. She needed him calm and stable until she had answers and rational thoughts. He couldn't be a mess right now too. She shifted so that she could look at him as she responded.

"Just being typical Blair. Overthinking everything as always." She said as his eyes searched hers for answers.

He sighed and pursed his lips, still not fully believing her.

"You know I love you, right? You're my whole fucking world, Blair. Nothing is going to change that."

Her face faltered a bit, but she kept it together as she nodded, hoping his words proved true. She couldn't help but think about the past few weeks though, the turmoil that her comments in her interview had caused them, and wonder what the future would hold if she really was carrying their child.

"I love you too, Blake."

Blair moved quickly from the couch and towards the door as the sounds of the doorbell still echoed through her apartment, Blake's eyes trailing after her as she padded down the hall.

"Oh my gosh. Hi!" She excitedly screamed, trying to feign a typical reaction to seeing her closest girl friend after nearly a month.

Brooke played her part well and asked if she could search through Blair's closet for something to wear to an event tonight. There was no actual event but the two women needed a cover story to sneak off to Blair's bedroom for a prolonged amount of time in which she could take the test Brooke had brought with her.

Blake waved hello to Brooke and returned his attention to the television where he was watching some sporting event that Blair had no interest in. He seemed to understand they were looking for girl time and made no indication that he planned to intrude.