13.

"Tour starts tomorrow." Deno commented as Blair shoved a ketchup drenched fry into her mouth. She had finally found time amidst her crazy schedule to make it over to see him.

"I know."

"You seem nervous."

"I know." She repeated with a sigh.

He gave her a pointed look that told her there would be no escaping this conversation.

"It's Blake." Blair admitted.

"Ah yes, boy trouble, how surprising." He said, his voice taking on that specific wise quality that made him sound like he had a thousand years experience and would know exactly what she needed to hear.

"Last time we talked what had happened?"

"You had just gotten back from Christmas with his family and you were conflicted with what to do about your relationship." He gently reminded her.

"Yeah, well, then I guess not much has changed. He confronted me about it because I had distanced myself a little bit. It's just, this tour is such a great opportunity for me. I don't want to mess it up. I've waited a long time for this."

"You can't let the fear of failure or heartbreak stop you from living your life, Blair."

"I know, there's just so much at risk."

"So, what did you tell him when you two talked about it?"

"I told him that I do have feelings for him but that I thought it would be best if I waited to act on those feelings until after tour."

"Uh-huh, and how did he take that?" Deno said with an intonation that told her he had a good guess of how that had gone.

"He got angry and has barely spoken to me since. Which is bullshit. We have to work together and he begged me to do this duet with him, now we haven't even rehearsed it a single time and I'm freaking out about it."

"Men, are strange creatures my dear. If I had to guess I would say you bruised his ego. I get the feeling he's not used to being turned down nor is he used to making himself vulnerable. Sounds like he had really been working to change those things for you and now he probably feels a little inadequate. I'm sure he's hurt but he'll come around. I would recommend you give him a little space though."

"I'm just not sure how much space you can give someone that you're sharing a tour bus with." She sighed.

Blair stared at the enormous bus parked in front of her, feeling both incredibly excited and a little intimidated by the whole experience of leaving for tour. Her nerves were only amplified by the knowledge that soon she would have to come face to face with Blake, there would be no escaping him in such close quarters, and they would have to figure something out.

She still didn't know what she was supposed to do. She cared for him so much but she would never forgive herself if she were to jeopardize the future of her career for a boy.

Even if he was incredibly dreamy and made her heart race.

She threw her bags on top of the pile that was on the pavement waiting to be loaded into the storage area before heading for the door with her small duffel bag containing her things for on the bus.

She punched in the code Easton had texted her and ascended the stairs, immediately feeling the stares of the four boys who were strewn around the front lounge.

"Um, hi?" She said cautiously, trying to read the room.

"Hey Blair!" Dex said happily as if nothing was out of the ordinary and she felt herself relax, if only slightly. Kace and Rian offered hellos as well before she finally turned her attention to Blake.