13

17 weeks

"This is so exciting!" Blake's mom, Andrea said as she walked up next to Blair. "When I was pregnant these weren't a thing, you just found out in the doctor's office. This makes it so much more fun!"

"Yeah, it's a little over the top but I appreciate that Dex wanted to do something for us. I still don't actually know how he's doing the real reveal." Blair admitted, her hands rubbing over her stomach absentmindedly as she seemed to always do now.

"Well I guess we'll just all get to be surprised won't we!"

"Yep!"

"How's Blake been with everything? He taking care of you?" She asked pointedly and Blair laughed. She loved that Andrea had always treated her like a daughter and made sure that Blake was being the man they both knew he was capable of being.

"He's been amazing. My nausea was so bad for the first few weeks after my accident, well it was there beforehand but we didn't know what was causing it. He cleaned up after me and held my hair back. He's been the perfect supportive husband really." Blair beamed, her eyes drifting across Dex's large backyard and settling in Blake as he laughed with his band mates and hers alike.

"I'm glad to hear it. You know I love you dearly and you can call me anytime."

"I know. Thanks for that, I might be blowing up your phone the closer we get to time. I'm already so nervous about being a mom even though there's nothing in the world I want more."

"You love them already, that's half the job." Andrea said, patting her shoulder and stepping around her, headed towards Cash and Jenna.

"So..." a feminine voice said behind her and Blair spun around to hug Brooke. The brunette giggled as Blair hugged her tightly.

"Fuck, I've missed you!" Blair said excitedly. "I'm so freaking glad I don't have to sit the tour out and we can spend every day together again. Hope you're cool with our little third wheel." She said, rubbing her belly.

"Of course!" Brooke emphasized. "My money is on it being a girl and when I'm right we can spend our down time filling her closet with a ton of adorable outfits.

"God, Blake's so sure it's a boy. I hope he'll still be excited if it's a girl." She said in a hushed tone.

"Pretty sure that man will be happy with either. He's wanted to give you a baby for super long time."

"I just wanna know!" Blair said, a large smile on her face. She smiled so much these days, she just couldn't help it.

"Not long now!" She said, squeezing Blair's hand and leaving her to move on and speak with the other guests.

Blair made a lap around the space, thanking everyone for coming to celebrate this insanely exciting time for Blake and herself before she approached Blake and let him pull her into his arms.

"Hi baby." He said, pulling her back against him and crossing his arms over her torso, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Hi." She said softly.

"What's up?"

"Just trying to take this all in you know? We're already almost half way through this pregnancy and I feel like I've been so scared I haven't enjoyed any of it."

"Yeah but I think that's understandable in our situation, love." He says quietly, his focus just on her.

"Maybe, but this is our first child. Well, hopefully."

"You can't think like that, B." He stopped her and she sighed.

"It's just hard. So many bad things have happened to us. It's hard to believe that good things could still happen at this point."

"Blair...." he started, gripping her wrist and pulling her away from the crowd of their friends and family. "How can you say that? Yes we've been through some shit but we live our dreams everyday, we have each other, and now we have this perfect little baby we get to meet in like five months. Good things happen and they happen to us more often than you're giving credit. We have a lot to be thankful for."

She smiled up at him through batted eyelashes and he frowned.

"What's that look for?" He questioned.

"When did you become the optimist between the two of us?" She half-smiled.

"I don't know I guess about the same time you became such a Debbie downer." He laughed tucking her against his side as they walked back into the yard.

"You guys about ready?" Dex asked approaching them while rubbing his hands together excitedly.

They exchanged chances and nodded enthusiastically.

"Alrighty then!"

"Hey everyone!" Dex called out louder so that all of the guest could hear. "Thank you all for coming to celebrate the little Everett that will be joining us soon. I'm so excited, as I know we all are, for Blake and Blair. This baby is going to be so lucky to have you two for parents. So, you ask, how is this going to work, yes?"

A collective nod came from them all.

"So Blake's dad was a pilot and we wish he could be here today and this is sort of an homage to Mr. Michael, his brother Cash is also a pilot, so I requested a little help from a friend of mine who is a Navy pilot and he is going to fly over in a special plane that is actually a sky writer and tell us what they're having." Dex's face displayed a look showing how clearly proud of himself he was while Blair and Blake stared back stunned.

"Fuck Dex, that's really, really cool." He didn't want to get emotional but he liked the idea of including his dad. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that if he was still here his dad would've flown the plane to tell them.

The sound of a plane engine could be heard through the sprawling backyard, Dex having signaled the pilot and the whole crowd stared into the sky as the aircraft approached.

It circled around the mansion a few times before finally beginning to to make loops.

Blake and Blair anxiously waited, their hands clasped together until the words filled the sky, clear as day.

'It's A Girl!"

Blair squealed and jumped into Blake's arms, he caught her easily as her arms slid around his neck, their lips automatically connecting in pure joy.

He set her down and bent forward slightly allowing his forehead to rest against hers.

"I don't know a thing about girls." He said honestly, elated but suddenly much more nervous, he'd been sure it would be a boy. He was one of three after all in his mind it had seemed predestined.

"Good thing I've got girls down pat." She smiled back at him, offering one more kiss before they turned their attention to their guests, soaking in all of the love and congratulations they'd waited so long for.

An: BABY BB IS A GIRL! We're you expecting it? I know Sprinting_Ginger wasn't! 😂

I've had her name picked forever but let's see if anyone can guess it!

Next up the release of their albums and the start of their tour! Who's excited???

Give me your thoughts on the rest of their adventure! I finally got this book all planned out and I'm so excited to share their story with you!

Ily
Sav🖤