8

12 weeks

"Blair, are you almost ready?" Blake called up the stairs to his wife.

He waited a few moments for her reply before ascending to the second floor to search for her.

"Baby?" He called, his muscles relaxing when he heard her soft voice from their bedroom.

"Sorry it's taking me so long. I haven't been out of the house in almost two months and I just want to look nice but I can't get my fucking makeup done to cover up these scars. Having only one properly functioning hand definitely isn't helping." She whined.

"I can help. Tell me what you need me to do." He tried and she sighed.

"All that's really left is to set it, I'm giving up on hiding all these scrapes." She huffed and he bit his lip wishing there was more he could do for her. "Well could you take this and just like swirl the colors together better on my eyeshadow? I couldn't do it right today."

"You want me to blend it?" He asked her and she raised her eyebrows at him.

"What?" He asked. "You think I don't listen to you or something thing? I've watched you do this like a million times, he laughed and she smiled shaking her head at him. He was always full of surprises.

He'd do anything she asked of him, she had been miserable for the last two months. On top of the pain of all of her injuries from the collision she'd been experiencing gnarly morning sickness and barely able to leave their bedroom.

Blake had done everything within his power to try to help and comfort her but he hadn't had much success. His heart was breaking for her but he hoped their check in with the Obstetrician would at least put her mind at ease. He knew her physical ailments were the least of their worries. She was stressed and terrified of anything happening to their baby.

"Let me help you get dressed, yeah?" He asked her and she nodded. He grabbed the T-shirt dress she'd laid out for today and brought it over to the bed tugging offer his T-shirt she'd had on and replacing it with the dress before helping her stand and sliding down her pajama pants.

"I really love you, you know?" She smiled and he nodded, his cheeks reddening.

"Let's go check on our baby." He said, grabbing her hands and supporting her as she stood to her feet, letting her grip his arms as she slid into her slip on sneakers.

Her hand clutched tightly to his as they descended the stairs and walked out to Blake's car, he'd recently upgraded to a Porsche SUV and Blair was thankful for the higher sitting seats as opposed to those of the Mustang he'd had before.

Blair picked at her fingernails as he drove them towards her doctors office, a war raging in her mind as she tried to convince herself that both she and the baby would be fine.

She wanted with all her heart to let herself get excited, to let herself believe that all would be fine but she was struggling. She'd done this all before, she'd thought about names and painted the nursery and then it has all fallen apart and at the time she hadn't been entirely sure that she her miscarriage was something that she would recover from. She had, but barely, and she doubted she could survive the same thing again.

Once Blake had parked the car she followed him into the doctors office as he held the door open. She wasn't surprised by the security measures of having to display photo ID to gain entry to the waiting room seeing as they'd gone with the doctor everyone in LA used and he went to great lengths to secure the privacy of his celebrity clients.

The office felt familiar. All of this did, but not in a comforting way. Tears welled in her eyes and Blair thought about the last time she'd come for an eight week appointment and the resulting disaster just a few weeks later.

"You okay?" Blake whispered to her as they sank down into the surprisingly plush chairs.

"Just thinking." She replied casually. His eyes searched hers and she knew he could tell what she was thinking about.

He held his tongue but squeezed her hand in his as their waiting continued before they were allowed back into a private room.

When the doctor entered they each painted on a wide smile, trying to let go of their fearful thoughts for a bit so they could discuss the health and wellness of Blair and their baby.

When the doctor brought out the monitor that would let them hear the babies heartbeat they both tensed slightly.

Old fears and all.

The strong sound that filled the room was enough to move Blake to tears. He couldn't help it. Blair's own tears rolled down her cheek as he lifted her hand to his cheek and leaned into her touch.

The doctor droned on about the risks of the pregnancy which we were all too familiar with and that Blair would have to be closely monitored, her limitations and such.

"Now the big questions," he said looking between us. "What are your job commitments for the remainder of the pregnancy?" He asks looking to Blair and Blake pursed his lips.

"Um, well I've been writing a new album. I've been home bound since my car accident. I'll be spending the next two months recording the half of the songs that aren't done and then finishing the album."

"Okay so it's May now, your album is coming out in August, yes?"

She nodded apprehensively.

"And then what are the plans?"

She shot her gaze over to Blake.

"We're supposed to tour through the end of October." She said softly.

"Okay, um. So your due date is November 6th." He said eyebrows raised. I can't make your decisions for you but I would encourage you to think about skipping this tour or at the very least taking more of a back seat role this time. As long as things progress normally, this will be your first full term pregnancy and the last few months can be especially hard. The stress and exhaustion of touring could be particularly difficult when coupled with this. My recommendation would be to sit this one out. Everything up until the tour should be well within reason for you to accomplish while expecting your little ones arrival."

Blair forced down the lump in her throat before thanking the doctor as he gave them their paper work for checkout with the front desk and bid them good day.

An: oh boy!

What do you think about the news that Blair shouldn't tour?

Should she listen? Will she?

How will Blake react?

Give me your guesses!

Ily
Sav🖤