5

"Can we, um, can we talk about the doctor when we get home?" Blake asked and Blair cocked her head but nodded in agreement, hopeful that he just wished for a more secluded environment and that whatever he had been told wasn't completely devastating.

"I wanna hear what you got done today." He smiled weakly.

"It's, it's a little more personal than we've been before." She admitted nervously not sure how best to prepare him for the song, especially without knowing how the doctor appointment had went.

"We've gotten pretty fucking personal in our music, B." He said confused.

"Not like this." She said meeting his eyes.

"O-okay." He stuttered, focusing all of his attention on her as she began to strum the guitar.

"It's not done." She warned him as she began to hum.

Wooden floors and little feet
A flower bud in concrete
Feeling so incomplete
Wonder will we ever meet?
And would you know it right away
How hard I tried to see your face?
A little screen, a photograph
Mine to take

I sit and I stare at your clothes in the drawer
I cry and my knuckles get sore
'Cause I still believe it won't be like before
Now somehow I just want you more

I want you more
Somehow I just want you more
I want you more
Somehow I just want you more

Her voice and guitar faded out as she played the music parts she had written that still needed lyrics.

Blake raised his hand and rubbed it over his eyes to wipe away the tears.

"Fuck, B." He said still trying to process.

"It doesn't have to be one I release if you think it's too much." She said quickly hoping to pull a real reaction out of him.

"No, no. It's so good Blair. It's, like, hauntingly beautiful."

"That's what one of the writer's said as well. I just don't know. I can barely sing it in here I can't imagine trying to perform it."

"Not all songs are meant to be heard live babe." He told her, pulling her into his chest and kissing the top of her head.

"Yeah, I guess." She said softly, letting him pull her from the studio and out to the parking lot. They split towards their respective cars since they had driven separately this morning.

"Drive safe!" Blake yelled across the parking lot as he slid behind the steering wheel and peeled off towards their home. His tail lights disappeared and Blair sat for a moment after she turned the ignition, her mind wandering off to what the doctor could have possibly said to him.

It wasn't like him to not tell her things immediately and that train her thought had her dreading whatever he was going to tell her when she arrived home.

She finally composed herself and put the car in reverse, backing from her spot and heading for the exit waiting patiently for the light to change colors before merging into the hoard of cars leaving studio city.

Traffic was a nightmare so she leaned her cheek against her hand that was propped on the window seal and tried to be patient. Growing more annoyed with every passing moment that kept her away from Blake and whatever answers he held.

The light she was at finally turned green and she pulled out into the intersection, a flash of red to her left startled her as a horn blared before the air filled with the sound of crushing metal.