26

"Are you okay?" Blair asked Blake after a few moments. She knew the answer he would give but she didn't know what else she could say to him. He didn't reply just gripped her tighter. "Blake..." She trailed off

"Mom said she doesn't know exactly where they're sending him. Just that he has to go tonight. I won't even get to see him before he goes. She's gonna face time me from the base right before he has to report but, B, what if something happens?"

"He's gonna be fine, Blake, I promise. They're probably just gonna be out on their boat monitoring the Met."

"I guess." He breathed. He was trying to be strong she could tell but he couldn't hide the glassy look his eyes took on as he dealt with the news of his baby brother's deployment.

"Thanks for coming, I'm sorry we got kind of pulled away with that. I'm sure you want to talk." He said finally allowing himself to be released and sitting down on a chair, Blair moving to one across from him.

"It's fine, maybe we should talk lat-"

"No." He stopped her before she could finish her sentence. "I'm scared I might not get another chance." He said reaching for her arm.

Blair breathed out heavily and brought her hand up to run through her hair.

"Okay, um. I don't really know where to start." She sighed.

"What if-What if I just told you everything? I promise I'll be honest."

Blair nodded and sank back into her chair hoping she was prepared to hear whatever he had to tell her.

"Okay," he sighed trying to decide where to begin. "I was in your room and I randomly woke up in the middle of the night which is rare for me. I glanced at my phone to check the time and saw a random number on my phone. I recognized the area code as Texas though and at first thought if might of been someone dealing with the tour stop or something. I didn't know that Ashley lived here now. The first text just said 'hi' so I replied back and asked who it was. She came back telling me it was her and she really wanted to meet and speak and get everything out in the open. She said she was trying to do better with her life and it would help her if we could meet and she could apologize with everything that had happened between us."

"And she had to have this talk with you at like two AM in your hotel room?" Blair spits, unable to keep her displeasure with that particular part of this quiet.

"I didn't think about how it would look. I know it was disrespectful to us and you and it just looks bad but, I honestly wasn't thinking about that at the time."

"Right, because you just weren't thinking." She snapped.

Blake closed his eyes and tried to center himself, tried to remind himself that she had every right to be angry with him and that if they were going to move past this the air had to be cleared.

"I'm sorry, Blair."

She just nodded and he jumped back into his story.

"So, she comes over and I go back to my room not wanting to wake you up and expecting this to just be a quick thing where I let her apologize, feel better about herself and go back to bed with you. When she comes in though she's all over me, like immediately. She gave me no time to react just like flung herself at me."

Blair feels the bile rise in her throat at the thought of the girl all over Blake, her Blake.

"I shoved her off, B. She didn't even get to kiss me. It was like my body knew what was happening was wrong before my brain had time to process it. She got super mad, I don't know what she thought, that after two years I would take her back, that she would just slip into my life again, I don't know. I told her that this was wrong, I told her I had a girlfriend, I told her how much I loved you, Blair. She started crying and I guess she's just not very happy with herself but she said she was glad that I found someone to love and that I was happy again. I did hold her while she cried, I admit that, it was just like my knee-jerk reaction to seeing a woman cry but that was it. She passed out on the bed and I slept on the floor. The next morning she woke up, got her stuff, and left. That was it."

"She kissed your cheek." Blair blurts.

"What? Yeah, yeah she did. How did you know that?"

"I saw it."

Blake's mouth fell open and moving somewhere between open and closed for a moment before coming to rest in a tight lipped frown.

"I didn't leave that out on purpose, I really just forgot." He said making sure to hold eye contact and hoping the small detail slipping his mind wouldn't void everything he had just told her's truth.

She pondered for a long minute, wanting to collect herself and her thoughts before she gave him any sort of reply.

"Do you remember back when we first met, when we used to go eat Breakfast food at that diner all the time?"

"Yeah, B. It wasn't that long ago, like four months." He laughed, his face puzzled.

"I know, I know but, do you remember one of the first times we did that, when I asked you about the band's name?"

"Yeah?"

"You told me that you always tell people there isn't a meaning behind it, but it's actually rally deep. Something your dad had told you when you were doing a physics project once."

"The material of the parachute matters because it's what determines if the drop is successful or not. In real life, he said, it's crucial because people have to put their lives in the hands of that material and hope it'll catch them when they fall."

"Right. He told you that the paper you chose for your project was inconsistent. That it was hard to believe in because the person would have to jump with only the hope that they would be caught, knowing their was a threat of failure. You told me that the band was that for you, a fall with only the hope of being caught, only a chance of success, no guarantees."

He was doing his best to keep a straight face but he was a little lost on where on earth she was going with this.

"Blake, the band has always been your Paper Parachute. The thing you did with blind hope, or maybe it's just due to stupidity, that you would be caught. That's what I'm doing with you right now." She said, hoping she was starting to make sense. "There's all this history of yours, I don't dwell on it because I know it's different from the you I know, but nevertheless, it does exist, and I am choosing and have chosen, to ignore it because I love you. The other day Blake, it felt like falling, like falling without being caught and it broke me. Even if I want so badly to believe everything you say is true, this whole thing puts a cloud of doubt around everything now."

"But nothing happened, Blair."

"You left my bed and went to her, Blake. That's not nothing."

"But-"

She held her hand up to stop him. Her chest ached as he looked back at her growing more upset by the moment.

"I'm not ending things, baby. I just need you to know that I am hesitant, that my trust in you is damaged."

She moved towards him then, cupping his chin and forcing him to look at her.

"I love you, Blake. The band has always been your paper parachute, but you are mine. So this is me jumping and hoping you find a way to catch me."

"Please catch me." She wrapped her hands around his neck, pulling him closer to her and allowing their lips to finally meet. It had only been a few days since she'd last tasted him but damn, it had felt like forever.

AN: 😱😱😱😱

Did you like it?

Are you glad they're making up?

What do you think is next for them???

Vote and comment!

Ily!
Sav 🖤