19.

"New York! How the fuck are you?" Blake yelled into his microphone as the crowd inside Madison Square Garden roared to life following the first two songs of their set. "We are Paper Parachute and we are so thrilled to be here with you tonight. I know it's Valentine's day and you could be out spreading the love with your significant others, maybe you're doing that here, but whatever the case we are so happy you decided to spend this day of love with us."

He strummed a few times on his guitar, working to tune it for the next song. "Because it is a day of love, would you guys mind if we added a new song tonight?" Blake asked

Pausing for a moment he listened for the crowds reaction, his ears were hit with a sea of cheers and screams in response.

Blair felt her ears perk up and her eyebrows furrow as Blake talked to the crowd. She hadn't known anything about them playing a new song. Excitement bubbled within her as Blake brought the microphone up to his lips again.

"Well, alright then! Thanks for bearing with us. This song is quite special to me, I wrote it recently about the girl who, I hope, will still agree to be my Valentine after I say this so publicly. Blair, uh, this one's for you."

Heat rushed to Blair's cheeks and her throat grew tight as he turned towards the side of stage where she was standing, just out of sight of the crowd, shooting her a wink before he and the boys began to play.

He'd written a song for her?

Her concern about his incredibly public admission of feelings was brushed aside, long forgotten as she moved closer, still behind the barricade, but wanting to be nearer to him.

In the mornings I was anxious It's better just to stay in bed. Didn't want to fail myself again. Running through all the options
And the endings were rolling out in front of me but I couldn't choose a thread to begin.

Blake's voice was gruff and low, the tone raspy in the way only he could pull off so well. Her skin quickly covered in goosebumps as she listened to him pour his heart out for her. To her.

She heard whispers behind her as some of his fans realized she was standing in front of them but it didn't matter, she didn't care. Her eyes clouded with tears as a few feet away the boy she was completely falling for, left her awestruck.

And I could not love cause I could not love myself. Never good enough, no that was all I'd tell myself and I was not well but I could not help myself I was giving up on living.

Blair had to reach up to wipe away the stray tear that was falling down her face as he continued to sing. His voice was beautiful and heartfelt. The stadium had quieted and his fans had filled it with lights from their cellphones as they swayed gently back and forth. She glanced around the arena, in a slight shock and overwhelmed by his gift to her. When she returned her eyes to the stage, and to Blake, she found him standing not far from her, with his eyes staring straight into hers as he sang the last verse.

And you gave me love when I could not love myself and you made me turn from the way I saw myself and you're patient, love and you help me help myself and you save me.

"Thank you." He said coughing lightly into the microphone, breaking his stare with Blair as the audience gave a thunderous applause and his tech came to fetch the acoustic guitar he'd been playing. Blair pointed to her heart hoping he got the message she wanted him to know without her being able to say the words. He smiled at her once more before returning his attention to the crowd.