19

33 weeks

"It's so fucking hot I feel like I'm dying." Blair whined as she stepped out of the buses air conditioning and into the Florida humidity.

"God I'm ready for some cooler weather." She said before adding, "and to not be pregnant anymore. I'm just ready for her to be here."

"Same." Blake said, bending forward to press his lips to hers. "Not too much longer now." He smiled down at her.

Her soft pink lips were turned out in a pout, her shoulders slumped, and her hands wrapped protective across her abdomen.

"Come on. Doc said he had an ultrasound set up for us today." He reminded her, his hand slipping into her as he tugged against her arm until she began to follow after him.

"We need to call your brother this afternoon. I know he's all excited about going to town on the nursery but I swear if I go home and our daughter's nursery is  airplane themed I'm going to be mad. I'm not asking for pretty, pretty, princess but damn, I'm surrounded by boys all the time. Give me at least some pink."

Blake withheld a chuckle as she continued her spiel, her face reddening in the most adorable way.

"I've seen his design for it. You're going to love it, I promise. If I didn't think he could pull it off I'd hire someone." He told her simply. He loved Cash but Blair and her happiness was his top priority at the moment.

"Yeah, well. I wanna see what he's got done." She reiterated and he squeezed her hand. She hated not being in control and it was amusing to watch her struggle with giving up the reigns to the nursery even though they'd had no chance to do it themselves and their wouldn't be time to get it settled when they returned from tour, of their little girl decided to even wait that long.

"Hi, Doc!" Blake greeted as they spotted their tour doctor headed to her space for the day.

"Hey guys! I got permission to use the ultrasound on site here for you. Come on." She gestured. "They have a machine in their locker room to screen athletes when they suspect tears and things. I know the lead onsite doctor for the team so they agreed to let me use their machine."

Blair followed after Dr. Green and Blake shuffled along behind both of the ladies.

Blake extended his hand and helped Blair up on to the exam table, supporting her back and making sure she had her balance before pulling a chair to sit next to her.

"Alright, Blair lift your shirt. Just a warning the gel is probably going to be cold." She said squirting a glob of the substance onto the stretched skin of Blair's belly.

Blair winced slightly because it was indeed cold but was quickly distracted by the images appearing on the screen and the steady drum of their baby girl's heartbeat sounding through the locker room.

"Okay, Baby B is looking great. She's measuring right at about four and a half pounds which is perfect. Have you guys picked a name yet?" Dr. Green asked looking over to them.

Blake and Blair's eyes met and a small smile inched it's way across his face.

"We have." Blair blushed wiping a paper towel Blake handed her across her belly before recovering herself with her shirt.

"Do I get to hear it or are you guys waiting?" She asked, looking between them. She had been privy to the many conversations surrounding their daughters name.

"I feel like you should be one of the first to know, you heard us bicker about it enough. We already told my mom and brothers. We're telling the bands today." He laughed and looked to Blair for confirmation that it was fine.

"You tell her." He instructed and Blair but back her bottom lip.

"Bayler. Her name is going to be Bayler Mae."

"Aw, that's lovely. I like it spelled with the e, it's different." She mused and Blair smiled victoriously at Blake as he rolled his eyes. It had been Blair's idea to change the spelling. "You're all clear Blair, take the same precautions but everything looks fine."

"Thank you." Blair said, smirking at him pointedly, still obviously happy about the compliment to the name choice.

"Okay, smartass lets go get you ready for tonight before your head gets so big it explodes." He teased her, his hand dropping to rest on her side as he sling his arm over her shoulder and they headed for their dressing room.

"You know we need to talk to Dex soon." She said, her voice hushed as they walked along the corridor of the backstage area of the arena.

"Yeah, I've been thinking about that too." He nodded agreeing with her.

"Maybe tonight after the show?" She wondered.

"I don't see any problem with that."

"Good. I'd hate to have to fight you. I've worked really hard cleaning up my reputation." He said laughing and a wide grin burst on to her face.

"What am I going to do with you?" She said back, shaking her head as she reached for the door handle only to be cut off by his hand opening the door for her.

"And they say chivalry is dead." She said clapping a hand against her chest in an exaggerated shocked expression.

"Go in the damn room." He laughed, his hand dropping to the small of her back as he escorted her in.

"Hey boys!" He called out the members of both he and Blair's band that were spread throughout the room doing their own preparations for the show tonight.

"Hi daddy!" Rian yelled excitedly from the corner and Blake threw his water bottle at him. Some things would never change.

"Everything look good to Doc?" Dex asked, looking up from his phone and presumably his conversation with Reagan.

"She says so far so good. Bayler is like four pounds now apparently."

Heads around the room snapped up to him as it seemed to occur to their friends what he'd done.

"Bayler?" Kace asked. One of his air pods removed from his ear his phone screen shifted so that they could clearly see Kinley on FaceTime on his screen.

"Bayler Mae." Blake repeated, pulling Blair around in front of him, his arms across her chest as he pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"Kinley says she's pissed she wasn't here when you guys told us but she loves you both and the name." Kace said.

"Reagan said about the same." Dex added.

"It's cute." Rian smiled. "Fuck I still can't believe our wittle Blake is all grown up and about to be a dad." He teased.

"Fuck off." Blake shot back, a chorus of laughter and excitement filling the green room as Blair leaned back into Blake's chest.

Everything was good. Everything felt right. For the first time in her life she felt surrounded by nothing but love and happiness and she was more than ready to give their perfect little girl the life her parents had never given her.

An: I name dropped

Do you like it???

I'm obsessed, like it went on my baby name list which if you've read my other books you know is extensive 😅

Only a few more chapters before Bayler will be here!

Ily
Sav 🖤