28.

Liked by brookiecookie, BlairA and 163,789 othersBlakePP: my account is basically just a Blair fan page now but I mean

BlakePP: my account is basically just a Blair fan page now but I mean...look at her 🤤
DexPP: Fav couple
DenosDiner: Be good to our girl!

"Thank you for this." Blake murmured quietly into Blair's ear, dragging his fingers along her forearm. 

They were sat on the couch in the front of their tour bus, Blair's back leaned against Blake's chest as he held her close. Blake's band mates were either asleep or in the back lounge playing video games. 

She quirked her eyebrow, "For what?"

"Just for, just allowing me to explain myself and then believing me."

"Blake-"

"No, it's just, it's not something I'm accustomed to. With my history and everything everyone is so quick to just assume the worst with no proof and without giving me a chance to defend myself. You always see the best in me Blair, even when I don't see the good in myself. So thank you."

"The person you used to be, the one in all those stories. I don't know him. My Blake is kind, and honest, and unbelievably romantic when he wants to be. I choose to believe those things because they are my truth, and I will keep believing until you give me reason not to." He leaned his head forward pressing another kiss to the side of her face, reflecting silently.

"I can't believe we'll be back in LA tonight." Blair added after a silent moment had passed.

"Yeah, I know. I'm excited. It's gonna be weird though, Mom and Scotty are coming, seems strange that Cash won't be there."

"Has your mom heard from him since he deployed?"

"No, none of us have but that's not uncommon. We go weeks without anything sometimes. We should start getting letters here in the next week or two, they take forever but they usually are more consistent than phone calls. At least that's how it always was with Dad." He said solemnly.

"Well hopefully you guys get a letter soon then!" Blair offered, trying to lift his mood. 

"I hope so. I'm so proud of Cash but it always made nervous when Dad was gone and I'm feeling even more so now that it's my baby brother. I know he just wants to feel like he's made Dad proud but I saw what it did to my Father and I just don't know if I could bear to see Cash go through that."

"You're a good big brother, you know that?" She asked him, turning in his arms to lay her head on his chest.

"I haven't been the past few years. It's hard to do much of anything for them when I'm always on the road but I try to stay in contact with them as much as I can. Scotty's practically a hermit now. He's in his second year of med-school and studying for Step 1 so even when I get him on the phone or for a video chat he won't talk long."