30.

"So what are you saying?" Blake asked the lawyer, Blair's hand clutching at his own as they sat in a meeting with the lawyers used to represent Tidal artists.

"Basically, what it all boils down to is that Blair's parents feel they had supported her for her first eighteen years of life and now feel that she has a duty to support them." The lawyer, Mr. Files, said moving his hands as he spoke.

"But, it's not like she's raking in the dough, yet. What do they want from her? Can they even do this?"

"Ms. Andrews, from what you have told me about your parents I believe they think that this will scare you into returning home and pursuing the degree they want you to complete at Vanderbilt."

"But I don't want to do that." Blair said softly.

"I know and we at the Files Law Firm will be doing everything in our power to help you win this case."

"How much are they suing for?"

"One hundred thousand dollars along with three percent of any past and future earnings."

"That's preposterous." Blake growled, seething in his chair. Anger bubbled through him. Anger that Blair's parents were so vile. Anger that they had the audacity to sue their own daughter, and anger at the ridiculousness of the entire situation.

"Unfortunately not, Mr. Everett. Under Family Code section 4400, 'an adult child shall support a parent who is in need and unable to maintain himself.' Because a parent 'may bring an action against the child to enforce the duty of support,' one court observed that Section 4400 imposes on adult children 'obligations of support akin to those imposed on parents with respect to minor children.' Simply put, the purpose of Section 4400 is to enforce a 'moral obligation of support.' This obligation has been the law in California since the enactment of the Section 4400's predecessor statute, former Civil Code section 206, in 1872."

"But you said that's if they can't work, my parents are perfectly capable of working." Blair offered.

"They're claiming they are not by way of mental and emotional instability."

"If I have my way with them they really will be mentally and emotionally unstable." Blake muttered under his breath.

"So, in short, yes they can sue but, the chances of anything more coming of it are slim. Just try to focus on your job and let us handle it from here. I've made you a packet that covers everything we've talked about as well as my card. I know where to find you if I need you, please feel free to call anytime if you need me." Mr. Files stood and extended his hand. Both Blair and Blake shook it before heading back out of the office and to their waiting car.

"This is such a fucking mess." Blair whined as she let herself into her new apartment.

Her first task upon returning from tour had been to give herself an upgrade from her hole in the wall apartment in her shit neighborhood. Her new place was still modest but in a safer part of town and a little bigger.

She flopped onto the couch, clicking on the TV and closing her eyes as she felt the cushions shift below her as Blake sat down to her right.

"Things have a way of working themselves, love."

"I hope so. God, how could I possibly think they actually wanted anything to do with me. They've barely spoken to me in years then suddenly they wanted to come to a tour stop. This is so like them, ugh!" She groaned.

"We're supposed to be getting your mind off things, baby."

"Well I can think of one way I'd love to do that but I'm on my fucking period because life hates me."

"Put comfy clothes on and come on. I've got an idea."

"Wait, we're going somewhere and you want me to change into sweats?"

"Yeah, they will be fine where we're going and you'll be more comfortable."

"Okay, baby. Give me two minutes."Blair stood and walked back towards her bedroom, sliding out of her dress and tights from this morning into a pair of sweatpants and one of Blake's tour shirts. She threw her hair into a bun and returned to the living room where he was waiting for her.

"Let's go. I've got the perfect cure for a shitty day."

He reached for her hand, taking it in his and pulling her out to the car behind him. 

"Where are we going?" She wondered aloud.

"You'll like it, I promise."

"Oh my God, I have never been so excited to see this diner." Blair practically moaned as Blake's plan for them became evident. 

They exited the car and headed for the door, the smell of grease and cheap vinyl seats filling their noses. 

"Well look who's back! We sure have missed you two around here!" Peggy, their usual waitress called from behind the counter.

"We missed you too!" Blake called back to her across the nearly empty dining room.

The woman grabbed menus and headed their way.

"I brought these over in case you've changed on me during the past few months." She said holding up the menus. "But I'm assuming you want a cherry Coke and a chocolate milk to drink?"

"Well, actually-" Replied Blair, donning quite possibly the worst British accent Blake had ever heard. "I was hoping you might have Voss, it's a prestige water, I'm not really doing the whole dairy thing anymore."

Blake choked on his laughter as Peggy stared back at her seemingly trying to decide if Blair was being serious.

Blair returned the stare until she could no longer contain her giggles, her face reddening as she laughed and the woman finally seemed to realize it was a joke.

"Chocolate milk will be fine and we'll have the usual Ms. Peggy. Thank you!" Blair told her handing the woman back the menu's.

"You're a mess." Blake chuckled as the waitress departed from them.

"I saw an opportunity and I took it."

"Mhmm, okay, you're still not funny." He smirked.

"You laughed!" She retorted. "You're still laughing!" She rolled her eyes.

"I love you." He said, suddenly serious, his eyes reinforcing his confession.

"I love you, too. Thanks for this. I needed it after today. I'm really glad I have you by my side while I'm dealing with this complete bullshit with my parents."

"No where else I'd rather be." He said truly, reaching across the table to take her hand in his.

An: Fluff fluff fluff.

Do you think her parents have a shot at at winning their suit against her?

Next chapter will contain smut and more drama so get ready for that

Vote and Comment

LOVE YOU

Sav