Part 2 . 1.

Blake Everett entered his Los Angeles home and called out for his wife.

"Blair? Babe?" He listened carefully as he padded through the halls checking the various rooms for her.

She wasn't in the kitchen or their bedroom and it was only when he heard her muffled cries that he knew immediately where she would be.

"Blair, come on sweetheart." He said, entering the room and crossing the distance between them in two large strides, his strong arms lifting her up from her place on the rocker and placing her on his lap as he sat. She pressed her face into his chest, her tears immediately staining his shirt.

She gasped through choked sobs as he rubbed her back gently. His eyes scanned over the room, the nursery they'd excitedly put together once they'd successfully gotten past the first trimester mark. The walls were a light grey and they had already begun discussing names. They had been so excited after waiting for so long. They were supposed to have cleared the danger zone at that point. Everything was supposed to be fine and it was, until it wasn't. The miscarriage had nearly killed them. 

Two years. For two years now they had been trying for a baby. Their scare before their engagement enough to give Blair baby fever and give Blake the desire to give the girl he loved the thing she wanted most.

They were is such a good place. The timing was right. They were both fresh off of tour, each returning home only two weeks prior. They were scheduled to be home in LA for months now, plenty of time to focus all of their attention on finally starting the family they both had come to yearn for desperately.

"We've been doing better recently. What's got you all upset today?" He asked her gently, not sure of what her response would be.

"I, uh, I was a little late on my period. I just, I thought that maybe..." She trailed off, her lip quivering.

"You thought that you might be?" He asked her and she nodded. He sighed, "You took a test? That's what has you all worked up?"

She nodded again, her eyes shut tightly against her tears as she fought off her sadness.

"It's fine, I'm fine. We'll keep trying." She said, more to herself than him.

"We've got lots of free time now." He said pressing soft kisses against her temple, his hands clasping around her waist as he held her protectively. "We can finally go see that specialist, maybe get some injections, we can try IVF, I don't care how much it costs, B. Whatever we have to do, we'll do it. I know how much this means to you. I want it too, okay? We'll have a baby. Someway, somehow. I promise you." He said.

Blake's mind raced. Why was this so hard for them? Some people had kids after one night stands. One attempt and boom, a baby. He wanted so badly to give his Blair the thing she wanted so terribly and yet, it seemed to be the one thing the universe was determined to keep from them.

"Come on. We need drinks." He said, standing and setting her on her feet. He grabbed her hand, craving the contact and the way her fingers always fit so perfectly in his.

She didn't resist as he pulled her towards the kitchen, opening the refrigerator and grabbing a beer for himself along with her favorite white wine. He set them each on the counter, opening the cabinet to find a glass for her drink and pouring a large glass, handing it to her before popping the top on his beer bottle.

He dropped into the bar stool beside her at their kitchen island, the pair nursing their drinks in silence.

"How about a bath?" She asked finally and he agreed, following after her, each of them with their drink in hand.

She stared blankly ahead as the tap ran and the water settled in the bottom of the claw foot tub. She stripped herself bare and climbed in, Blake following and slipping in behind her. 

"Why is this so hard for us?" She asked softly, verbalizing the same thoughts that had just previously been running rampant in his own mind. 

"It's probably me." He said so low he wasn't completely sure she would even hear him.

"Don't say that." She said quickly. 

"I mean, think about it. I was such an incredulous asshole before you. I probably still would be if you wouldn't have come along. It seems only fitting that the universe would wait until I found someone who could love me, someone I love more than life itself and then serve me my karma by blocking me from giving you what you want most. What we want most." He confessed. 

"I think you've been watching too many sad movies." She told him seriously. "Maybe we just haven't given it enough time." 

"Two years?" He asked her, obvious disbelief in his voice. 

"I mean, maybe?" She said, turning around in the water to face him. Her breath caught in her throat as she took in his sad eyes. 

"C'mon, Blake. Don't blame yourself for a problem we don't even know if we have." She tried.

"Obviously something is wrong, B." He said sadly. 

"We don't know that. If it'll make you feel better I can schedule us both appointments with the specialist. We can go in, get checked out, and see what they have to say. Best case scenario we need to give it more time, worst case scenario we'll know if there's an issue and they'll give us our options."

He swallowed forcefully in front of her and it dawned on her how stressed out this was making him.

"Blake, I love you. Nothing's gonna change that." She told him earnestly. 

"Even if I can't give you a baby?"

AN: I'm back!

Updates may not be as frequent but it will still be pretty often, this will be my side story with my Calum Fanfic "Catch 22" being my main focus and this updating as I have time and get ahead on that story!

I'm glad you guys love Blair and Blake and I hope you're excited to see where their journey takes them!

ILY

Sav