Tony Stark x Reader

Up next: James Proudstar x Reader

Later: Scott Summers x Reader

Important Note: Hey guys in this one, your daughter is named Nat. Any time you see Nat, it is your daughter not Natasha Romanoff.

   Y/N'S POV

  I held Tony and I's mixed daughter, Nat, in my arms. Yes, I was so inspired by Natasha that I named our daughter after her. I mean, Natasha was Natasha and she was fierce. I needed Nat to be reminded of her extraordinary aunt, because she would need role models like Natasha in her life.
  I looked down at Nat and smiled softly, before Tony walked into the room. The second he laid eyes on Nat, that frown he previously held was replaced with a smile, a bright smile. Tony took a seat behind me and wrapped his arms around me.

  I said,"Hey, Stark. You haven't made Bruce angry today, have you?"

  Tony chuckled and I shook my head saying,"Stark, you really need to leave Bruce alone. One day he's going to go all Hulk on you, and I won't be in the room to stop him."

  Tony rolled his eyes and I laughed before I placed Nat in his arms. Tony made faces at Nat, but she seemed oblivious to Tony. She was staring at something outside of our room. That was when I noticed Steve taking a call in the hallway.

  Tony looked down at Nat and said,"I get no respect from you."

  I giggled and smiled saying,"She'll come around, Stark. She'll come around."

  However, I noticed the look that came across Tony's face. Something was on his mind.

  I placed my hand on his arm saying,"Honey, what's up?"

  He continued to look at Nat saying,"Do you think Nat's going to be embarrassed to have me as her father?"

  I definitely wasn't expecting Tony's question, but it made me wonder if Tony had been thinking about this for a while. If he had, for how long?

  I immediately replied,"No, how could she be embarrassed of you, baby? Look at everything you've done. Stark, you're literally a hero. That means something to many people. It will mean something to your daughter. She will be proud to be your daughter."

  Tony finally looked away from Nat and over at me saying,"No, Y/N, I mean like because of what I look like? Y/N, I look nothing like her. When she gets older, she may want a father that looks like her. That looks like you."

  Tony's words were breaking my heart right now. Yet, I had to ease his pain and keep him from wanting to back out of being with Nat and I.

  I leaned on Tony and made sure Tony was looking at me before I said to him,"Anthony, look at Nat again. She isn't just white. She isn't just black. Tony, she's a creation of both of us. She is my blood, yet she is also your own blood as well. Nat will have questions, whether it is for you or for me. Just because you're white, Tony, it won't be a reason for her to disown you or be embarrassed of you. If anything, it will only make her curious yet understanding that skin color doesn't matter. When she looks at you, she'll be reminded that she is different and different isn't a bad thing at all. Just because I was black, I didn't turn away when I met you. It doesn't matter what you look like, Tony. If for some crazy reason that bothers her, we'll both sit her down and remind her not to think like that. At the end of the day, you will always be her father, and I will always be her mother. You'll be okay. I'll be right here with you the whole way to have your back. I promise."

  Tony had tears in his brown eyes as he looked back down at Nat. I leaned over and placed multiple kisses on Tony's forehead. Then, I wiped his tears and put Nat in her crib. After I made sure Nat would be okay, I laid down with Tony and reassured him that he would be just fine. Tony made an amazing father, and I needed him to continue to believe that.
  It didn't mean that things wouldn't always be happy and heartfelt, but there was no reason for me to let Tony feel sorry for being white. He had no reason to think that way, because it honestly didn't matter. All that mattered was that he stay that amazing father that he was and would continue to be.