e l e v e n

nova's pov :

"c'mon nov! stop doing the dishes!" ethan tugs on my rolled up sleeve and i shake him off, giving him a glare

"we have to go or it's gonna close!" he pouts

i shake my head and smile, turning off the faucet and setting down the dish.

his eyes widen and he grabs his keys off of the kitchen counter, grabbing onto my hand.

"slow down e!" i chuckle

he unlocks the car and let's go of my hand, letting me go to the passenger side.

"we have to get there early so there won't be any rude assholes who always honk."

"ethan!" i scold

he shrugs and turns on christmas music on our way to the light show. we always go to the light show the day of christmas. no one is usually there in the morning. everyone comes at night but we come earlier because we can't stand the rude attitude. plus, it's just us there. it's more meaningful.

"i don't mean to ruin this moment but, don't you wanna hang out with alison this christmas?" i begin to play with my jacket zipper

"i mean, yes." my smile turned to a frown and my hand started to tug on my zipper even faster.

"i'm sorry lisa said no."

"it's ok. plus, i wouldn't miss this day. we always see the light show." he beams

i nod but something in the back of my head tells me i should just enjoy this moment, afraid of what may be coming.

"c'mon ethan!" i get out of the car and run to the playground that's always at the end of the light show

"nova! get back in the car it's cold!" he shouts from the window

i ignore him and make a snowball, throwing it to the windshield of his car. i see ethan's mouth drop at my sudden action and i begin to laugh. he steps out of the car immediately and my eyes widen, running away from him before he catches me.

"nova, i'm not running after you! that snowball could've cracked my windshield." he yells

still laughing, i stop running. he catches up to me and tackles me into the floor, throwing all the snow at me that was around us.

"ok! ok! ethan get off!" i laugh

he grins and gets off of me, helping me up.

i hear a family laughing which catches my attention. i look over to see someone oddly familiar.

alison?

my eyebrows furrow and my happy mood immediately goes down. ethan looks at me and looks in the direction i'm looking at.

"alison?" he yells out

"ethan!" she waves

she tells her family to go on with their, pointing in our direction and she runs over to us.

"what are you doing here?" ethan asks

he spins her around and sets her down, kissing her passionately and then grinning after pulling away. my heart aches staring at them but i just can't look away. alison flashes me a grin and i send her one back, kicking the snow with my boots.

"ethan, i saw this really cute necklace at the gift shop. can i show you?" she asks

"nova? will you be ok out here?" he asks

i immediately nod and he grins, walking away with alison.

why did i say yes?

i feel a headache coming in and i groan in frustration. i always get a headache when i'm upset. only ethan knows that because my eyebrows furrow for a long period of time and i'm always blunt. he's the only one who notices.

i need to go home.

taking out my phone, i call perla.

"hello?"

"perla, where are you? it's loud."

"i'm at a partyyyy." she slurs

"god, are you drunk." i chuckle

"yes ma'am."

"ok, ok be careful and have fun."

"but wait. why did you call?"

"don't worry. just have fun and call me if you want me to pick you up."

"okkkkk." she responds and hangs up

i then click on grayson's contact.

"hello?"

"grayson! thank god."

"you never call me asshole. what do you need?" he asks

"can you please pick me up?" i laugh slightly

"... nova. aren't you with ethan?"

"was." i correct him

"what did he do now?" he asks

"no, no i'm not mad. alison was surprisingly at the light show too and they ran off to the gift shop to get a necklace that alison wanted."

"i'm coming. meet me in front of the gift store."