t h i r t y - s e v e n

nova's pov :

"right this way sir."

we follow the waiter and i walk slower than everyone else, looking at the interior designs of the restaurant.

greece really is something else.

"nov!"

i turn around and grayson laughs, motioning his hand for me to follow. i chuckle to myself and follow him, catching up with the others.

"ok listen. i was talking to perla and, do you think buttered popcorn is the best jelly bean flavor?"

my nose scrunches up in disgust and i immediately shake my head as a no.

"absolutely not."

"ha! in your face grayson!" perla yells

she comes over to my side and wraps her arm around me.

"my best friend knows best." she praises

i laugh and shrug her off and she chuckles, punching me teasingly, on the arm.

the waiter stops and all of us get in our chairs but right when i'm about to sit down, the waiter stops me and takes my chair out for me.

"oh, uhm. thank you." i smile

grayson and perla chuckle under their breathes, making my eyebrows scrunch up in confusion.

"what?" i chuckle

"to all of the restaurants we've gone to, all of the waiters have hit on you." grayson whispers

i punch him gently and shake my head. feeling a blush come in, i snuggle my head in my arms on the table.

grayson and perla notice and start to laugh at me, while pointing their fingers.

"is she sleeping?" ethan asks

"no, dipshit." grayson laughs

"she's blushing." perla says

i look up quickly and punch her on her arm, mouthing a 'shut up' and chuckling afterwards.

"what for?" ethan laughs and places his head in his right arm

"the waiter is flirting with her." grayson says

ethan's pov :

i clear my throat and fake a smile, placing my head back into my hands. i genuinely do want her to be with someone but i just can't help but still feel nervous around her.

"our waiter?" i ask

i watch as nova grins and tucks her hair behind her ear but i quickly look away and shake my head.

"you good ethan?" grayson asks

i nod quickly and focus my attention back on alison, blocking out everyone else.

nova's pov :

everyone begins to talk but i space out and play with the table cloth. i feel like someone is staring at me so i look up to see the waiter waving at me and motioning for me to come over. i point at my chest, making sure he's talking about me and he chuckles and nods. i excuse myself and quickly get up, walking to where he is.

he pulls me into a corner and covers up my mouth, being afraid i might scream in surprise.

"this is such a bad introduction but, i'm tyler."

he has long curly blackish/brownish hair with green eyes and i see freckles here and there scattered all over his neck and arms. he also has a slight greek accent.

he scratches the back of his neck, making me think of ethan. something he does when he's nervous.

"i-i'm nova." i smile

"well nova. can i take you out sometime?"

my heart stops and my eyes widen in shock.

"i've uh... never been asked out before." i chuckle in embarrassment

his eyebrows scrunch up and he shakes his head, not believing me.

"no one's asked you out? find that hard to believe."

i blush red and laugh to myself but shut myself up quickly and smile, looking up at him.

"to answer your question, sure." i answer

he grins widely and pulls out a piece of paper from his apron, putting it in my jean pocket.

"you were prepared?" i tease

he chuckles and nods. i notice he's awfully close, making my heart beat race even harder so i clear my throat and wave him off, running back to my table.

grayson pulls out my chair and smirks.

"what was that about?" ethan asks

"nothing." i smile