s i x t y - f o u r

nova's pov :

my eyebrows raise instantly and i feel a smile forming but quickly cover my mouth to hide it. i become teary eyed for some reason and chuckle into my hand, wiping a tear away that fell on my cold cheek.

"why are you crying? i already cried i don't need my best friend crying." he chuckles

he wipes the fallen tear off my cheek and lets his thumb stay there, looking into my eyes.

"i don't know what to do." he admits, still looking back and forth between my eyes

"w-well... you can't keep leading her on e. you gotta let her go." i smile sadly

he nods in agreement and his warm hand falls off my cold cheek. he grabs onto my hand and rubs his thumb back and forth, trying to calm himself down.

"nov i feel bad. i feel so so shitty." his voice cracks

"why?"

i scoot in closer again and set his head on my lap, running my hands through his hair.

we're sitting at the curb of the club so people come out and in. some give us weird looks sometimes and some give us soft smiles.

"i just... i feel so so bad." he sobs

"ethan. you can't help it that you lost feelings." i place my hand on his cheek

he quickly sits up and grabs onto my hand again, looking me dead in the eyes.

"it's not just that." his voice becomes deep

"w-what are-"

"guys! c'mon! we gotta sleep and perla is about to throw up in the car! remember? this is a fucking rented car! i don't own this!"

ethan rolls his eyes at grayson, finally turning around to face his car and grayson's mood softens, seeing ethan's cheeks, stained with tears.

"ethan, bro. are you-"

"drop it gray. i don't want to talk about it." ethan mutters

i get up from the sidewalk and clear my throat, grabbing onto ethan's hand to help him get up. he grabs onto my cold hand and immediately clutches onto me, needing comfort and balance; still a bit drunk.

i smile and lead him into the car, feeling the hot air hit my face.

"gray. it feels like a fucking sauna in here. can you please turn that down?" ethan mutters, shutting his eyes when he finally gets into his seat

grayson chuckles, nodding his head and turning down the heat.

i smile one last time at ethan and shut his door but he stops me by holding onto my hand.

"c-can you stay back here with me?" he slurs

grayson smirks playfully in the mirror and i glare at him but smile at ethan, nodding in agreement.

he moves over, making perla groan in frustration.

"sorry perla." he murmurs

she nods her head and sets her head on the window, closing her eyes like before.

i buckle into my seat and turn my head to look at ethan. he smiles at me still with teary eyes and i frown. setting his head on my lap, i run my hands through his hair to try to make him fall asleep.

"i love you n."

my heart swells up and i tear up at the fact that ethan doesn't know what i truly feel.

"i love you too e."

~ merry christmas eve everyone <3 if you can, please read my message i posted a few hours ago. totally don't have to but just a suggestion if u guys wanna see what's up with my life. hope u guys have a great day. love you all so much :)