t w e n t y - t w o

nova's pov :

"e-ethan i don't know what to say." i smile slightly and rub my forearm back and forth in need of comfort

"nova. look, i just-"

a blaring ringtone goes off and my eyes trail down to ethan's pants. he let's out a long sigh and grips his hair in irritation.

"alison." i point at his pocket

"i know. i fucking know." he says

he rubs his temples before clicking on 'answer' and he smiles instantly once he hears her sweet voice.

"baby! i'm so sorry to call and interrupt but, i just wanted to make sure you landed safely. you didn't text me back and i just got worried."

he smiles even harder and i see his cheeks flush a deep red.

"you love her. not me." i whisper

he looks at me and before he can hang up and try to reason with me, i run out the bathroom and run to our dinner room.

before i know it, tears are falling down on my cheeks and i wipe them away with my hands.

i push the doors open harshly and perla and grayson's eyes immediately go to my distressed state.

"novs?" grayson calls

i break out in tears and slide my back down the door and i hear chairs being pushed back and footsteps running in my direction.

"baby. hey, hey." grayson cuddles into me and pushes me up closely, into his chest

perla caresses my hair, holding my hand and grayson rocks me back and forth. i clutch onto his tuxedo and cry even harder.

"h-he doesn't l-love me does he?"

grayson and perla don't answer and i cry even harder, knowing i'm right.

"she treats him s-so well." i sob

"you'll find someone." perla says

"do you want me to talk to the waiter?" perla asks

i shake my head against grayson's chest and he chuckles, kissing my forehead.

"nov, he's missing out." his chin rests on my head

"no he i-isn't."