t h i r t y - t h r e e

third person's pov :

"omg ethan! stop!" alison laughs

nova smiles sadly at ethan and alison and turns her gaze to the window, looking at the blue sky, hoping it would make her happier. her other two best friends look at her sadly and one of them elbow the other.

"say something funny!" grayson begs

"no! you do it!" perla whisper yells

grayson deeply sighs and slugs into the leathered car seat. perla looks over at ethan and alison and she fake gags, hoping to catch nova's attention but her gaze stays on the blue sky.

she stares intensely at the birds flying around and the bright sun shining and burning on her soft skin. she chuckles to herself and happily laughs, sighing and cuddling up to the window to get a better look of outside.

ethan looks at his mirror and smiles at his best friend. his gaze stays there and he doesn't tear his eyes away from the girl. nova begins to draw random things on the window and she chuckles to herself. even though they weren't showing up, there was still an image in her head. ethan laughs to himself softly but he quickly looks away, realizing what he was doing.

soon enough, the friends come to a stop and nova is still in her own fantasy, drawing random objects and people on the window, even though they weren't showing up.

grayson nudges perla and she frowns in annoyance at the nudge but quickly smiles once she see's what her best friend is doing.

"novs!" she yells

nova tears her eyes away from the window and trails her finger down the window, looking up at her friend's. she sadly smiles in response and unbuckles her seatbelt, running out the car without saying a word.

grayson's eyebrows scrunch up in confusion and he looks at perla for an answer. perla frowns and grabs nova's belongings, seeing she left them there on purpose.

"she doesn't wanna be here, does she?" grayson asks

perla nods and smiles sadly, also jumping out the car and holding the door open for grayson.

~ filler