t w e n t y - n i n e

nova's pov :

"see how about you talk to... hmmmm... that guy!"

perla points at a guy with curly black hair, walking up to the vending machine.

"no. i just wanna sleep." i whine

"so do i." grayson whines

"you guys are so boring. i'm here, trying to help you get over ethan and you just want to sleep." perla shakes her head

"ok, ok. i'm sorry. i'm not going to talk to anyone but i'll stay."

"that's boring though! grayson! can i find a girl for you?" perla nudges him

"perla! let me sleep!" he murmurs into his arms

perla falls back into her chair and deeply sighs. i tap on grayson's shoulder and he looks up at me with a tired and annoyed look. i chuckle and point towards perla. he looks and sighs, sitting up straight.

"fine. let's go out somewhere." i murmur

"yay!"

she grabs mine and grayson's hand and drags us back to our room, getting into warmer clothes.

"i was thinking we could go to that mall that's open 24/7 and we can get new years gifts and-"

"ethan?"

he turns around and tucks something behind his back.

"whatcha got there?" grayson asks

he walks up to ethan and teasingly smiles. my eyebrows scrunch up in curiosity and perla chuckles, watching grayson's teasing actions. grayson tries to grab the item behind ethan but ethan jumps back and stops him.

"grayson." he raises his eyebrows

grayson steps back with his hands raised up and uses our card key to get into our room, leaving perla, ethan, and i outside.

"why you here?" perla asks

i slap her arm and give her a stern look, telling her to apologize.

"sorry." she sighs

"i came to see how grayson was doing and to..."

"to... what?"perla mocks

"to talk to nova."

perla smirks and says nothing else, just slides into our room and leaves ethan and i outside.

"you don't have to talk to me and where is ali-"

"can we hang out?"

a smile plasters onto my face and i kick the carpet beneath me, feeling nervous.

"like- like old times. you know?" he continues and steps closer to me

"first. you have to show me what's behind your back." i step back and cross my arms across my chest

"close your eyes n."

i smile at my nickname and feel him cover my eyes with his hand. my heart rate starts to quicken up, realizing we're awfully close and i play with my 'e' bracelet.

third person's pov :

he looks down at the girl playing with her bracelet and chuckles, seeing her still keep on the bracelet even when he wasn't being the best friend he should've been. he taps his 'n' bracelet with her's and she slightly jumps back, chuckling.

"don't be nervous. you'll like it." he reassures

she nods and he pulls out the red sweatshirt from his back, putting it in between them. he uncovers her eyes and she keeps her eyes closed, scared and nervous for the item resting in the boy's hand.

"nova! stop playing around and open your eyes." he laughs

"i'm scared! just tell me what it is now." she begs

he rolls his eyes and gives up, tickling her sides. she cracks up laughing and her eyes pop open, seeing his old red sweatshirt she always used to wear.

"i-i thought you gave that to alison. cause you know... she said she liked it."

"ya but, i don't care. it looks better on you and it belongs to my best friend not my girlfriend."