t w e n t y - e i g h t

song : why try by ariana grande

ethan's pov :

"hey what's up with nova?" alison asks

my eyebrows scrunch up and i turn around from brushing my teeth, spitting out the rest of my toothpaste.

"what do you mean?" i ask

stuffing my right hand into my grey sweatpants, i open my suitcase with the left and lift up my sweatshirt off my shirt, throwing it into the suitcase.

"does she not like me?" she asks

"why wouldn't she like you?" i jump onto the bed and hold onto the alison's hand

"none of your friends like me. not even your own twin brother."

i play with the rings on her soft fingers and she pulls away, holding up my chin to make eye contact.

"ethan. why did you kick grayson out?"

"because, you're here."

"i didn't tell you to though. i couldn't gotten my own room. they probably think it's all my fault." she covers her face with her hand and sighs into them deeply, obviously frustrated

"babe. i can talk to them."

she stays quiet for a moment and puts her head down, making me worried. i tilt her head towards mine and she looks up, with glossy eyes.

"hey, hey. what's wrong." i push her towards my chest and sit up straight, making her head lay in my lap

"ethan. do you even love me?"

"of course i do."

it's true. i'm genuinely in love with alison. sure i felt nervous around nova but, those feelings faded away.

third person's pov :

the boy picked up his lover's chin and kisses her sweetly, pulling back and smiling at her.

"i love you and you only." he reassures

she cuddles into his side and plays with the strings of his sweatpants. his eyes widen seeing her like that and he gets sudden flashbacks of his best friend, suddenly feeling nervous again.

"why is your heart racing so fast baby?" the girl asks

his mouth opens to answer but nothing comes out. he doesn't know why his heart is racing so fast.
he thought he wasn't nervous anymore.

"h-hey. i'm gonna go see how grayson is doing. you watch tv." he smiles

the girl nods and lifts up her head, letting him slide out her embrace and she sits up straight, turning on the tv and focusing on it.

the boy waves goodbye and slides on his black sweatshirt, grabbing another sweatshirt for his best friend. he smiles at the red sweatshirt and cuddles it up to his stomach, trying to hug it.

third person's pov (flashback) :

"don't you want at least one of my sweatshirt's?" the boy asks and scans through his closet

"no. alison will think differently and kill me."

the girl on the bed tosses the tennis ball up and down and she gasps, seeing the tennis ball coming down too quick and too fast.

she turns her head quickly, making the tennis ball hit the bed.

"nova!" he runs to her side and shakes his head

"why?" he asks and points at the tennis ball

"i don't know." she chuckles to herself

nova points behind her best friend and he turns around, smiling at the sweatshirt she chose.

"that one's cool." she comments

he walks up to the closet and takes the sweatshirt off the hanger, throwing it to his best friend. she slides it on and he smiles, watching.

"how do i look?" she spins around and quirks up her eyebrows, teasingly

"better than i would."

he walks up to her and adjusts the sweatshirt on her. looking back up at her, he stares at her and suddenly gets the urge of wanting to kiss his best friend.

"which one does alison have?" nova smiles and points at his closet, completely oblivious to her best friend's actions

third person's pov:

they were both in love at different time's of the year's which set them off. there was never was a time where they would match up. ethan fell in love with his best friend when she tried his red sweatshirt and well nova... she's loved him through it all. ethan although lost those feelings when he met alison.

they just have to fall into place eventually.