f i f t y

nova's pov (present) :

"ok you know what, fuck you guys."

everyone erupts in pits of laughter and i point at my seatbelt, threatening to take it off.

"if you do that, i'll do it with you." ethan smirks

"you're driving though. that's a different story."

"ya but. if you die, so do i."

grayson and perla scream 'awww,' teasingly in the back seats and ethan slams on the breaks, making them hit their heads on our seats.

"asshole!" perla curses and rubs her forehead with her hand

"tease me one more time today. i fucking dare you." ethan glares, turning around

grayson and i look at each other in worry and i shout 'green light,' making ethan focus back on the road.

"you're going cliff jumping. it's final." ethan states

i chuckle and sigh, deep in thought.

"stop!" ethan laughs

"i'm not going in there!" i argue

"why not?!" ethan asks

grayson and perla look at each other, about to speak up but i glare at them in the mirror, indicating to keep their mouths shut. they put their hands up in defense and slouch into their seats.

"because... i don't know how to swim."

"oh, bullshit! we swam in my pool at home growing up. we still do! to this day!"

i frown and slump into my seat.

"don't think i don't know everything about you willows."

grayson and perla start laughing hysterically in the back and i hit their knees, shushing them.

"why are you guys so giddy today?" ethan smiles

"nothing eth." grayson pats ethan's shoulder and slumps back into his seat, smirking

ethan's eyebrows raise and then he furrows them, confused what grayson might be talking about.

"i'm not going cliff jumping e." i change the subject

"ya, ya. we'll see." he smirks

"get in there now or i will throw you in."

my eyebrows raise at his stern and upfront behavior.

"no." i whisper

he lowers his head to places it next to mine and quirks his eyebrows up.

"no?" he questions

"no." i squeak

"ok willows."

he picks me up and next thing i know, i'm hanging on his back and his hands are placed on the back of my thighs to keep me from falling forward.

"e! i've told you so many times that i hate it when you do this!"

"that's why i'm doing it."

i can just imagine his stupid smirk, plastered all over his face, making me shake my head against his back.

he starts running towards the cliff and i punch his back, yelling for him to stop. i kick my legs and he finally stops, right when he's about to jump. he places me down and his hands connect to my waist immediately.

"what's wrong?" he asks with concern in his eyes

"you've never been scared to do this kind of stuff. what's changed?" he continues

"you." i whisper, not looking up to meet his eyes

"i'm still here n. you're ok. i'm not gonna let anything happen to you."

i look up to meet his eyes and he gives me a reassuring smile, motioning his head towards the cliff.

"wanna jump together?" he suggests

i nod and he intertwines his hand with mine, making my heart beat harder than ever.

"i got you. don't worry."

smiling, he jumps in, making me jump in with him.

~ filler (this is a shitty chapter i'm sorry idk why i hate it sm :/)