f i f t y - s e v e n

song : apocalypse by cigarettes after sex

nova's pov (continuing from flashback) :

"addison!"

she finally lets go of grayson's bicep and he brushes out the wrinkles of his suit, sitting back next to me.

"please find someone else. i swear i'm not the one for you."

she pouts and stomps away with her arms across her chest.

grayson groans and shoves his head in his hands, running his hands through his messy hair. i chuckle and rub my hand back and forth on his muscular back.

"at least you put her down nicely."

he rolls his eyes at my statement and i chuckle even more. i take my hands off of his back and rest my head on his shoulder and he wraps his wraps around my waist, pulling me in closer.

"i'm tired." he murmurs into my shoulder

"i'm proud of us."

i grin widely at all the people dancing, having the time of their lives. people give us a thumbs up as they walk by as a compliment and we both grin, mouthing a 'thank you.'

"it's a dance to remember nova."

i turn around and smile widely and he kisses my forehead, spinning me back around to look back at everyone.

"i love you. you know that right?"

i place my hands on his hands that are placed around my waist and i rub the back of his hand.

"and i love you gray."

i can feel him smiling and he kisses my shoulder, whispering 'my little sister.'

"you can't just sit here and sulk."

"oh? but i can." i argue

grayson rolls his eyes and perla throws her arms up in the air in defeat.

"c'mon novs. save me from him! please!"

"make grayson dance with you." i pop a grape into my mouth

"ha! no." grayson immediately says

perla rolls her eyes and grabs grayson's arm, dragging him towards the dance floor. he chokes on his punch and sets it down on our table, glaring at me. i chuckle and eat another grape, chugging down water and watching them disappear into the dance floor.

i rest my head on the palm of my hand and smile at all the couples dancing to the slow song. i spot grayson cringing and perla also cringing from each other's embrace. they spot me and motion for me to join them. i chuckle and shake my head, as a no and they frown.

chuckling, i hear the song change to apocalypse by cigarettes after sex. the boys bring in the girls closer and they rest their head on his chest. i smile and daydream as time goes by.

suddenly, a hand grabs onto my hand resting on the table and i'm spun around to the outside of the gym.

"hey! what-"

ethan bends down and holds out his hand for me to take and i chuckle. he looks up and motions to take his hand and i roll my eyes, grabbing his warm hand with my cold one.

he immediately pushes me close to him and i gasp in surprise from how close we are. his hands roam down the sides of my stomach and i shiver at the touch of his embrace. he finally reaches to my waist and sways us back and forth to the music.

i wrap my arms around his neck carefully and he chuckles, pulling me in even closer if that's possible.

"ethan!" i whisper yell

he mouths a 'shh' and sways us back and forth to the soft music. his hazel eyes meet mine and i clear my throat, nervous. his eyes glisten from the reflection of the lights of the dim hallway and i smile, feeling safe and happy.

finally earning the courage, i rest my head on his hard chest and his embrace on my waist becomes tighter and he rests his chin on my head, still swaying us back and forth.

"i'm sorry n-"

"sh. it's ok. just enjoy this, ok?"

i feel him smile and he kisses my head slowly. the feeling of his lips linger there for a couple of seconds and i wrap my hands around his waist, pulling him in tighter, afraid of this moment ending.

he chuckles at my actions, completely clueless but follows and holds me tight.