f i f t y - t h r e e

song : sometimes by ariana grande

nova's pov (continuing from flashback) :

i brew the coffee and in the meantime, i put the eggs from the pan, into the plates set aside on the kitchen counter. laughs are heard from the stairs and they echo throughout the house. along with they're laughs, i hear fast footsteps running down.

"faster bri!" perla whines

she scoffs and finally get's down and gasps at the site of me awake and making breakfast.

"how the hell are you awake?" pal asks with a raspy voice

"you shouldn't be up for another... two hours." grayson states

i chuckle and shake my head slightly, pouring the coffee in each mug on the kitchen counter.

"couldn't sleep after... last night." i murmur

pal looks at me sadly and comes around the kitchen counter, grabbing onto my forearms and rubbing them up and down with her head set on my shoulder.

"well, he isn't invited." perla says

my eyebrows scrunch up in confusion and i tilt my head slightly.

"what?" i chuckle in disbelief and confusion

"he's not stepping into my house after what he did. he hurt us and disappointed us. he needs to learn what the fuck he did." she says

grayson nods with her and my eyes widen.

"so. he's actually not coming?" i ask

"yes nova. he hurt you. badly this time." grayson says

"but-"

"nope. you need a break from that asshole." pal says

"now, what did you make for breakfast?!" bri asks

i turn around chuckling, and point at the stove. they all gasp in excitement and grab their plates, already filled with eggs.

i chuckle and watch as they grab the food they want from the pans and then they grab their cups of coffee and sit down at the dining table, with me still in the kitchen.

"c'mon novs! i swear, if you're cleaning my pans right now!"

chuckling, i grab my coffee and join them at the dining table where they all cheer for me teasingly.

"i've never been more fucking tired in my-"

perla's front door creaks open and all our heads turn around quickly. ethan steps in and shuts the door behind him and he sadly smiles at us. i whimper in sadness to only where grayson can hear me because he's sitting next to me and he looks at me, in worry. i turn my head to look away from ethan's gaze and cover my face with my hands, knowing that if i see him any longer i'll start crying again. grayson places his hand on my thigh, seeing my legs shaking and i place my hand on his, still with my eyes closed and shake my leg even faster.

"is she having an anxiety attack?" perla whispers

grayson nods and perla points to the stairs. grayson immediately grabs my hand, still with my eyes closed and i clutch onto him like a baby, needing comfort.

i hear footsteps running towards grayson and i and i don't dare to open up my eyes.

"is she having an anxiety attack?!" ethan asks, worry laced throughout his words

grayson nods but glares at him and right when he's about to take me up the steps, ethan stops him.

"let me take her."

"no ethan! she-"

"let me take her grayson!"

the whole room gets quiet and i whimper, snuggling in even closer to grayson's chest.

"she needs me. i know how to take care of her when this happens." ethan whispers

i finally open up my eyes and look at ethan's figure in front of me and he sadly smiles at me.

"hey." he whispers 

i sob and let go of grayson, collapsing into ethan's arms.

"hey, hey. it's ok." he runs his hands through my hair, trying to calm me down

grayson gives him a nod and ethan clutches onto me, walking me up the stairs.

he pushes a door open with his foot and shuts the door, making a loud noise. i finally let out my loud sobs and he brings me onto the bed. clutching onto his sweatshirt, he rocks me back and forth and runs his hands through my hair, whispering sweet things into my ear.

"what's wrong nova?" he whispers

"t-this." i sob even more

he stays quiet for a few seconds and rocks me back and forth even more.

"i don't know what you're talking about but whatever it is, i'm here. ok?"

he tilts my chin up to make me look up at him and he kisses my forehead, letting his lips stay there for a second and i whimper. he lets go and wraps his arms around my torso firmly, rocking us back and forth again.