f o u r t y - t h r e e

song : still into you by paramore

grayson's pov :

"ethan is gonna come back, alison. just calm-"

"i feel so bad! i kicked him out and now he's probably telling nova how much of a bad girlfriend i am!"

perla laughs quietly to herself and i nudge her, indicating to shut up.

"nova likes you. she'll stop him if he says anything bad." perla chuckles

"so... you guys don't like me?" she questions

perla stands up straight and clears her throat, walking back to the bed, sitting down and crossing her legs. i stand still with a stern look on my face as time ticks by and we don't answer the question.

suddenly, we hear the door knob fidgeting and nova comes in with her cheeks stained a crimson red from blushing. perla laughs, noticing her cheeks and nova shoots her head up.

"i-i thought you guys were asleep?"

alison crosses her arms across her chest and glares at nova. i get a sudden urge of wanting to protective nova and i turn around to see perla glaring at alison.

"why you looking at my best friend like that?" perla raises her eyebrows

nova quickly rushes to stop perla from whatever she might be thinking and walks to the direction alison is standing in.

"ethan and i went on a walk. nothing happened, if that's what you're thinking. i just always take him on a walk when he's feeling down because i know that calms him down." she smiles

"well... thanks for that. and i'm sorry for assuming stuff-"

"no, no! it's totally ok." nova laughs

alison nods and gives us a quick wave. i wave back but perla fake gags once she turns around towards the door. nova notices perla's fake gag and lightly punches her arm, laughing.

once alison is finally out the door, perla and i sigh in relief and jump onto the bed.

nova's pov :

"she's such a pain in the ass!" grayson groans

"guys. she's not that bad." i chuckle

"she kept bugging us about her missing ethan."

"what were you guys up to though?" grayson teasingly winks

"we just walked around." i laugh

"that's what they all say." perla smirks

i push them both gently, back on the bed and they chuckle falling back.

"text tyler. right now." perla springs up

"why?" i ask with furrowed eyebrows

"ethan has alison. you need someone. i want to see you happy nova! not sulking around!"

grayson grabs my phone from my charger and i run up to him, trying to grab it.

"grayson!" i whine

he chuckles and holds it up, holding his other hand on his waist.

"you're so short."

"no. you're just a fucking giant."

he scoffs in shock and sulks his arm a bit, giving me advantage to jump up and grab it.

"aha!" i yelled