f i f t y - n i n e

song : quit by ariana grande

nova's pov (present) :

"c'mon nova!"

i frown and throw my pajamas onto the bed, groaning in annoyance into my hands.

"ethan, i'm tired and it's raining-"

"but that's what makes it fun!"

i glare at him and he scoffs, grabbing my hand and my shoes. he runs with me outside the hotel room and i gasp, realizing i forgot my jacket.

"ethan! my jacket! i-"

"i already got the red sweatshirt."

i smile at the soft fabric he holds up in his hands and snatch it from him, putting it on and smiling, smelling the familiar scent.

"c'mon n! i know you got it in you!"

i stare at the soccer ball placed in front of me and i wrap my arms around me, trying to warm myself up from the cold and hot air. drops of rain fall onto my eyelashes from time to time, making me stomp my foot in annoyance.

"ethan! i don't play any sports! i can't do this."

"n. just try to keep the ball away from me."

he runs over to me and i stare at the headband placed to keep his wet hair out of his face. i blush, scanning his body up and down and i chuckle to myself.

"why are you laughing?" ethan chuckles

"n-nothing." i blush even more

he tilts my chin up and points down to the ground, pointing at the soccer ball.

"ok now. when i countdown, you have to-"

i kick the soccer ball away from him and run after it, laughing and i hear him yelling at me to stop.

"ok! that's not fair!"

i hear heavy footsteps behind me and my heart race quickens up, making me nervous. taking my shot, i kick the ball and make it surprisingly into the goal, making me throw my hands up and yelling in victory.

ethan's eyes widen in shock and he lifts me up, spinning me around. i laugh and look down at him, grinning widely and he stares back. he sets me down and i clear my throat, realizing we're standing awfully close.

"i uhm... i knew you could do it n."

he kisses my cheek and his touch lingers there when he pulls away.

he kicks the soccer ball to the other side of the field, running after it.

realizing what he said to me a few seconds ago, my eyebrows scrunch up in confusion, wondering why he sounded so sad and distant.

~ filler