t h i r t y - s i x

nova's pov:

"can we please go to a karaoke bar!" perla begs ethan

he shakes as head as a no and perla stomps her foot like a little kid. not giving up, she bends down and holds onto ethan's legs, making him not able to walk.

"now, can we go?" she grins

"dinner first."

"first?" she smirks

"... then i'll see."

she jumps up in excitement and claps her hands together.

"i said 'i'll see'!"

"ok, ok."

all of us laugh at them and i grab my belongings. i try to pick up my water bottle but my hands are full. suddenly, grayson swoops it up but glares at ethan as he talks.

"eth!" he yells

he looks over and looks at my water bottle in grayson's hand.

"a little help here?" he motions

ethan lifts up his hands too show that he's holding stuff for alison and alison pecks him on the cheeks but gives me an apologizing look.

grayson rolls his eyes and sighs and grabs my belongings from my hands, leaving me empty handed.

"lazy ass." he mutters

i laugh and watch him walk away and perla links arms with me, guiding me back to the car.

"i really wanna go to a karaoke bar." she pouts

"i know what you're trying to do." i laugh

"can you please, please beg him?!"

"no perla, he's gonna-"

"c'mon! he can't say no to you. you're his best friend." she grins

i groan in frustration but nod my head, indicating i'll ask him. she yells in happiness and i chuckle at her actions.

"i'm tired." i yawn

grayson pats on his shoulder and i smile at him, snuggling into his arms.

"ethan is looking." he whispers

i laugh hysterically, not believing him and don't care to open my eyes because i know he's tricking me.

"no, really. he's looking." perla now whispers

my eyebrows scrunch up but i prop one eye open and see ethan looking in the mirror. i kick his seat to catch his attention and he clears his throat, acting like nothing happened.

"what?" i mouth through the mirror

he points at grayson's shoulder and my head and motions for my head to come off.

"you only sleep on my shoulder. no one else's." he mouths

i blush a deep red and quickly look away, trying to hide it, so i switch positions on perla's shoulder.

"no!" he mouths again

i shake my head but still smile and rest my head on the seat cushioning. he gives me a thumbs up and i laugh quietly and he grins through the mirror.

~ filler