s i x t y - t w o

nova's pov (flashback) :

i shake my head and chuckle, looking down at ethan's lacrosse jersey; his way of making other girls know he's not available.

"i still don't get why he does it." i chuckle, still looking down

grayson slurps on his drink and nods his head, agreeing with me.

"i would expect him to give it to alison but she would just shove it in everyone's face and brag." he hisses

i chuckle and hit his arm gently, focusing back on the game.

"oo, ooh! here comes the famous wink! my favorite part!" grayson teases

i glare at him but laugh softly, looking back at ethan.

he scores a goal, making our side erupt in victory and he points at me, giving me a wink. knowing the drill, i point back at him and blow him a sarcastic kiss. i watch as he keeps running backwards, acting like it's actually flying away. he pretends to catch it and clutches it to his heart, also blowing me a kiss. my heart jumps out my chest and my cheeks flush a deep red.

i feel death glares on me and grayson puts his ice cold drink on my cheek. i yelp and push it away, my hand making immediate contact with my cheek in shock.

"thought you needed some... cooling down." he winks teasingly

"i hate you." i laugh and sit back down

"why do you still make me do that." i whine

"cause... i need girls off my ass."

"you act like it's normal... player." i tease

he punches me gently on the arm and slides off his sweaty shirt, throwing it to the ground of the locker room.

i clear my throat and turn back around, looking around the locker room in uncomfortableness.

"n. turn around. it's not like you've never seen me shirtless." he chuckles

not listening, he lets out a deep breath of annoyance and twirls me around.

my eyes go wide and i curse at myself in my mind, telling myself not to look down. i watch ethan roll his eyes and he grabs his water bottle, squirting water into his dry mouth.

"ok. uhm... bye."

i give up, accepting my weakness and i toss his clean clothes on the brown colored benches. i look up to wave him away, only to see him with an awfully confused reaction. he tilts his head and places his bulky hand on his exposed hip.

"what's- what's happening nova."

shit. he used my real name.

"nothing. just uh... my mom called me home early."

"i know you're lying." he chuckles

"how?" i raise my eyebrows

"i just... know you."

he slides his shirt back on and i sigh quietly in relief.

"thank god." i whisper

"hm?"

"n-nothing. let's go!"

i grab onto his hand and grab his belongings, running out the locker room.

"n! i gotta get my dirty clothes to wash them!" ethan chuckles

"you can get them tomorrow!"