f o r t y

nova's pov :

"can you believe she fell asleep in a fucking bar with music blaring around her?"

"honestly? yes." ethan laughs

i hear someone hit him and ethan whispers a quiet 'ow.' i chuckle into my arms and everyone gasps.

"she's awake!" perla exclaims

ethan grabs onto my arms, gently lifting me up.

"c'mon sleepyhead, we're going to a private room to sing."

"singing time!" perla slurs

"is she already drunk?" i ask, still tired

"mhm."

he lets me rest my head on his shoulder and he wraps his arm around my waist, putting my weight on his.

"why are you so tired?" he laughs

"when am i not tired?" i murmur

he laughs and pinches the one side of my cheek that's not set on his shoulder.

perla pushes the doors open to our private room and screams in excitement.

"look at the lights! i'm never going to get over them." she grins

i laugh at her and scan my eyes around the room. my eyes land on alison shuffling her feet and i take ethan's hand off my waist. he looks down at the hand that was placed on my waist and then back to me, tilting his head and furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. i point to alison in the corner, not really talking to anyone and he nods, walking towards her but before he can get any farther, i grab onto his forearm.

"hey, can uhm... can i hang out with her?" i ask shyly

"why? not that it's bad or anything." he smiles

"cause... she doesn't really have any friends in this group and grayson and perla are always so rude to her. i feel bad."

he smiles widely and ruffles up my hair.

"go ahead willows."

he steps out of my way and dramatically motions his hand towards her. i laugh and walk towards her, tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"oh. hi nova." she smiles

"is it ok if i hang out with you today? just wanna get to know you better."

she grins immediately and nods her head. i smile and point at a place to sit on the leathered chairs that are in front of the stage to sing.

"no grayson! i want to sing that song." perla pouts

grayson tears the microphone away from her grasp and she gasps in surprise.

"you- you... fuck face! give me that back!"

everyone laughs and i look over at ethan who has his legs up on another leathered chair and his arms behind his head, supporting him to look up.

i must've been staring for too long because alison tapped my shoulder and pointed at grayson and perla, still fighting.

"guys. just break it up, this is getting repetitive." i groan in annoyance

"then ,tell her that i want to sing this song!" grayson shouts

"no, no. i am. and that is... with nova." she smirks

i place a hand on my chest and point towards my face.

"me?" i ask in shock

she nods and crosses her arms her chest, smirking and waiting for me to come up to the stage.

"nope. you can pick me up and toss me on the stage and i still won't sing. you can't make me." i laugh nervously

in the corner of my eye, i see ethan smirking at my statement and he gets up, making his way towards alison and i.

"no, ethan. i didn't mean literally." i chuckle nervously

he rolls his eyes and tosses me over his shoulder, setting me down on the stage.

"i've told you multiple times i hate it when you do that and yet, you still do it."

"sing away n." he smirks and walks over to alison, pecking her lips and snuggling close to her

~ filler