3

There was a long pause on my side of the line as I mulled over what to say, not that there was much that I could say

There was a long pause on my side of the line as I mulled over what to say, not that there was much that I could say. At that point, in Michael's mind, I was wrong and not much could change that.

"So are you going to tell me why you just ran away? Wait, I know why don't you start with where the hell are you?" Michael shouted into the phone.

I winced at the edge in his voice. If it wasn't clear before that he was livid, it sure was then.

"I'm in Silver Point."

"So you just hop on a plane and fly to a town in the middle of nowhere to a place you've never been. All on your own and without telling anyone where you went?"

I pursed my lips together but I couldn't stop the flood of bitterness rushing through my veins, "I'm a grown woman Michael, I don't need to tell you about my daily doings all the time. Your my brother not my keeper!"

"Grown women don't act like irresponsible children, Kit. They tell someone when they're leaving, they don't just disappear. You had me worried out of my mind!"

"I'm sorry, okay?" I barked while tears stung my eyes.

"What the hell are you even doing there?"

I had lost this battle long ago. Michael could read me like an open book and I found out a long time ago it was better, to be honest with him.

"The house mom left me, I wanted to see the place she grew up."

"So you just decided to leave without saying anything?"

"Admit it, you would have tried to stop me. What's worse is you would have succeeded and I would have stayed home, all alone."

"I offered to stay with you!"

"It's the same Michael and you know it."