7

I woke up bleary-eyed and highly confused

I woke up bleary-eyed and highly confused. I've been having nightmares since mom passed away but this one felt different, what's worse is that the dream was followed by one of Lucas and I couldn't help but feel awkward at the fact. It was one thing to admit to myself that I found him attractive but it was an entirely different scenario when he invaded my unconscious mind.

The soft light of dawn filtered through the curtains, birds chirped outside, and everywhere people were waking up gearing up for another day of summer. These used to be the days I longed for all through the year. I would spend the days with Diane and our group of friends on the beach, not a care in the world.

I finally dragged myself from my bed and ambled to the kitchen. It took my frazzled brain a full five minutes to figure out where to find the cups I had kept out yesterday. After having coffee, I wandered to the bathroom.

I turned the faucet and waited for the water to heat up before I stepped in, letting the hot water run over my skin. After rinsing my hair with water I generously slathered it with shampoo reveling at the fruity smell. I used my fingers to massage my scalp making sure to reach every inch.

Then I let the water run over my head and my eyes closed in pure bliss. There was nothing better than a morning shower and washing your hair. At least that's how I felt about it.

When the soap finally cleared, I wrung my hair out and stepped away from the spray of water. I turned around my body froze in panic. On the top of the showerhead sat the biggest, fattest and ugliest spider, I have ever seen.

My chest rose and fell in rapid breathing and my eyes ballooned. The beady black fiend jutted out its hairy legs and proceeded to wriggle them.

Please don't jump on me.

The spider took on a step forward and slipped on the wet shower head and I watched helplessly paralyzed it dropped and landed right between my feet. As if a switch was flipped, I shrieked bloody murder and scrambled to get out of the shower as fast as I could, nearly crashing down on the slippery tiles.

I snatched my towel, yanked it around my body, and ran for the bathroom door not even bothering to dry myself off. As I came around the corner I flew into a solid form and yelped as my ass connected with the floor.