16

There was a flash of white light behind my eyelids followed by a loud crack of thunder and I blinked my yes oped to sound of rain pelting against the cottage roof

There was a flash of white light behind my eyelids followed by a loud crack of thunder and I blinked my yes oped to sound of rain pelting against the cottage roof. It's raining, just perfect. Grabbing my phone from the night stand, I tried to wipe the sleep from my eyes and checked the time. It was eight in the morning so I knew Monica was busy with breakfast but I didn't feel like walking through the rain and I still wasn't ready to face Lucas.

My eyes were red and blotchy and I had a few missed calls from Diane but I decided to call her later resigning myself to the fact that I've had just about enough of her advice. I made use of the small pantry Monica had stocked full of food by making myself a small breakfast and crashed down on the couch still in my pajamas. To be fair the rain didn't seem like it was letting up and whats better than pj's and movies?

I picked the first movie on the list and nearly gagged when I saw the it was rom-com, no where near enough mood for that, I switched the TV off. Next I tried reading a book but Monica's only selection was Romance and History books. I traced my fingers across the spines, closed my eyes and counted to ten. When I reached ten my finger stopped moving and I opened my eyes.

I was sitting on the couch with a history book about planes cracked open and some popcorn when my phone rang. The caller id didn't show either Diane or Michael so I assumed it was safe to answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey Katelyn, it's Chloe. I got your number from Ollie?"

"Oh, hey Chloe." I said a little shocked that she was calling.

"We didn't get to talk much yesterday, I was wondering if you want to join me for a coffee?"

"Uh..."

"Or you could sit there with Lucas and Liam? That also sounds fun."

I had a mental picture of Chloe rolling her eyes and smiled, "Coffee sounds great. Where?"

"The Magic Bean in ten minutes?"

I looked down at the kernels and bits of popcorn clinging to my pajamas, "Make it twenty minutes and I'm in."