21

"If you weren't drunk now, I would kiss you

"If you weren't drunk now, I would kiss you."

My breath hitched and I closed my eyes. I really wish I wasn't drunk. Then again sober me wouldn't be doing this, sober me would have at least a whole arm lengths full of distance between me and Lucas. The conclusion, sober me sucks.

The glass door to the kitchen slid open and Lucas and I immediately jumped apart. Monica was standing in the doorway with her eyes narrowed.

"Are the two of you trying to wake the dead?"

"Mom! I didn't know you were back."

Monica rolled her eyes, "Yeah, I can see that. Katelyn are you alright?"

I saluted Monica and swayed on my feet until Lucas took a hold of my forearm to steady me.

"Aye aye, captain!" I said a little louder than needed.

I saw Lucas go bright red and Monica try to stifle a laugh, "Okay get her to bed before she wakes up the old hag next-door."

Monica turned and went back inside the house while Lucas took me to the cottage. Once inside he lead me to the bedroom. It was all a blur, Lucas helped me to take out my shoes and then I just crashed into bed and turned on my back, staring up at the ceiling.

"Why is the room spinning?"

"Because you had too much tequila, it tends to do that."

I rolled over on my side, "Liar, I only had three!"

"No, you had two beers and you stopped counting after three shots."

Lucas kneeled next to the bed and my eyes went wide, "I had more than three? That actually explains a lot."

I snorted a laugh and saw Lucas smile, "Get some sleep, you're gonna feel this tomorrow."

"You wanted to kiss me." I said with a smile as my eyes closed.

"Didn't think you were gonna remember that."

My eyes were closed and I felt the sleep start to pull me under, "I wanted you to kiss me." I said.